Contribute
Register

Stuck at 10.6.8 KP - please help (I want Lion :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 570 + HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

sorry that I post this here but my problem is 10.6-related so i posted it in the 10.6 subforum.

but since everyone just concentrates on Lion at the moment and I want to get Lion too but am stuck with problems at the 10.6.8 combo update (more in the other thread), I post this here too:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26012

I would really appreciate your help, thanks in advance

total1ty said:
Hey guys,

sorry that I post this here but my problem is 10.6-related so i posted it in the 10.6 subforum.

but since everyone just concentrates on Lion at the moment and I want to get Lion too but am stuck with problems at the 10.6.8 combo update (more in the other thread), I post this here too:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26012

I would really appreciate your help, thanks in advance

Fail safe way to upgrade to 10.6.8 from a previous 10.6.x version is this ...
Download Carbon Copy Cloner.
Install a second Hard drive that is large enough to hold the entire contents of your main drive.
Run CCC, and choose your main drive as the source, with your second drive * backup* as the destination / target.
When its done, run MultiBeast, and select only "EasyBeast Install" and "System Utilities", and point it to the cloned drive.
Reboot and select your backup drive. Run ComboUpdate for 10.6.8.
When it asks for a target drive, point it to your main drive.
Update will finish with no KP's. When its finished, Run MultiBeast. Select "EasyBeast" and "System Utilities", and point it to your main drive.
Reboot.
Select your main drive from the boot loader screen.
Proceed to update with Lion as per TonyMac's guide.

/Profit.

:thumbup:

~~Grave

When booting from the Cloned drive, I can't install the 10.6.8 onto the Main drive. I got the yellow exlamation icon. The only drive I could select is the cloned drive which is what I'm booting from.

I installed 10.6 >10.6.7 then continue the method. It worked. Lion worked now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back