CPU
i7-7700k 4.2Ghz
Graphics
NVidia Geforce GTX1060 6Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been trying (without a lot of success) to get High Sierra running on my new PC

It's a shuttle SZ270R8, 64Gb Mem, Intel i7-7770k, Gigabyte Geforce GTX1060.
Storage is a 256Gb M.2 storage device running win10, and a couple of 128Gb SATA attached SSD devices, one for high Sierra

I installed it using unibeast, and I think I've succeeded in getting a complete OS onto an SSD.
I've since managed to update Clover on the SSD to the most recent version.

I have the following problems which I'm scratching my head with.

When I boot from my Unibeast USB stick and disable the "inject nvidia" and "Use NVIDIA Web Drivers" options - I can get into the OS on the SSD.
I then used mutlibeast to make the SSD bootable so I can boot without the assistance of the USB drive.
When I attempt to boot from the EFI partition on the SSD I get to clover which tries to boot the OS - resets the system almost immediately and it drops back to BIOS.
I disable the same two options, run verbose mode, etc, but I don't know how to see what's causing this reset.

Also - the graphics card clearly isn't recognised - it boots into 1024x640 kind of resolution.

I think i have a number of problems and I'm not quite sure where to start.
- I want to work out why it's resetting when booting from SSD EFI
- I want to work out why the graphics device driver isn't working - I'm not sure whether the EFI partition does this or the OS.
- I'd like to trim the visible bootable disks down to just the windows and OSX devices I want to boot from
- I want to run audio through my graphics card to be output in my display.

I think that's the right order - any hints as to how i diagnose the bootup resetting almost immediately ?

Thank you all

@gavdav, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@gavdav, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).

Hi there, thank you, I have updated my profile. Let me know if more information is required.

I have extracted my systems DSDT with aida64 (but I don't know what i need to do with it).

Latest status.
- Installed 10.13.1 from a unibeast created USB stick.
- Defeated apfs conversion and is using xfs+
- I used unibeast post installation to get the network card running.
- I have updated clover using mutlibeast on the system disk, but I cannot boot the OS on the system disk from its own installation of clover (more on this in a minute)
- I can boot the system from the mulit-beast USB stick and I get to a username/password login.
- Dont' know how to get graphics driver installed.
- Don't have an enabled audio chipset yet (would like to use the audio chipset on the video card and through the displayport cable to the monitor output).

When booting from the High Sierra HDD, after giving me the choice of disk to boot from Clover, the High Sierra disk shows me a line of plusses i.e:
"+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

And stops - it also does this when I try verbose, single user, safe mode.

I CAN mount the high sierra EFI partition using mutli-beast and manage the config.plist there, but I have no idea what needs to be set/selected.

Are there any utilities which might help me derive/generate a usable config.plist from a windows OS or a liveCD or even when booting from the Unibeast installer USB device ?

(Thanks for your help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back