Contribute
Register

Struggling - anyone got a working high sierra EFI for GAX79-UP4 /i7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-3930
Graphics
WX4100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Still cant update to High sierra - I think its because of Nvidia drivers which I cant install on sierra until im on High sierra. getting caught in the loop after 1st restart when upgrading......

If you believe the Nvidia drivers are causing the issue, make sure you have nv_disable=1 in your boot args.

If you believe the Nvidia drivers are causing the issue, make sure you have nv_disable=1 in your boot args.
Hi - I tried this and loads of other flags .....no change - tried alternative graphics card too to see if that would alter things but no.....stumped...

Could you boot into verbose mode and provide a bit more information on where it hangs?

Hi - Tried verbose and it ran past everything without stopping then restarted back to the loop.....

Hi - Tried verbose and it ran past everything without stopping then restarted back to the loop.....

If you hit the space bar when selecting the entry in the Clover menu there's an option to disable the automatic reboot when a kernel panic occurs. Select this in addition to verbose mode.

Thank you for the tip - I'll be back with the machine on Wednesday - will def try this....

I've a GA-X79S-UP5 with the same problem. I stopped the automatic reboot. It gets stuck on something that says "!ASMBIOS". I think it also mentions ICPUPowerManagement. Will take a photo next time...

Here's the photo...

there are a lot of ! that look like I

Just for kicks, I tried deleting 3 kexts from system/library/extensions: AppleSMBIOS, appleintelpowermanagement & appleintelpowermanagementclient, and weirdly, the same exact panic! Citing the same exact supposedly non-existent kexts! How can that be? How is it reading these kexts when I deleted them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back