Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I originally built my computer in January of this year, my specs are essentially boiler plate from one of the recommended high performance builds with the exception of the video card. I chose the Geforce 9800EE 1024MB GDDR3, Pci-e 2.0 because it had a good value and would meet my demands for dual dvi monitors.

Here is the link to my build:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8682

I have two monitors that I am using, a brand new HP 23" LED, and a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV. I am connecting to the HP via a DVI cable and to Plasma with a DVI to HDMI cable. Both monitors work well as an additional monitor when attached to my five year old black macbook with a mini-dvi dongle.

With my initial setup in January I was able to get my system up and running on either monitor, but never mastered boot from hard drive or dual monitors. It updated smoothly, and once I got a second dvd drive it became less of an inconvenience. Finally getting some bluetooth parts, and getting my office rearranged I wanted to get things right. So, I started with a fresh install and followed the guides for MultiBeast.

I was able to get boot from hard drive setup, but in my possibly mistaken steps to get the graphics working, I can only the HP screen working and not at its peak resolution. Its been three days of looking at my system with a bewildered look, really just not knowing how to trouble shoot without making it worse. :banghead:

Any help is appreciated.

best, Alex

If GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn't work then I'd try inject graphics string into boot.plist or use NVenabler. I don't use NVenabler because of the extra garbage it throws up during bootup. If all else fails you can still use NVenabler.

You have some options and directions are below.

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... thread=509

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back