Contribute
Register

Strange text right after clover boot screen (after clover update to r5108 and MacOS 10.15.4 update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M D3V
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After I updated clover (to r5018) and updated to MAc OS X 10.15.4, at boot, right after clover boot screen multiple slow moving lines of text appear before the usual ++++++++++++++++++++ line and the normal boot.
I attach a photo I took.

Is this normal ?
If not how do I get rid of it? Its FUGLY and its slows down booting....

The laptop is a lenovo ideapad S540-14IWL with
(CPU) Intel Core i5-8265U
IPS Panel 14 " 1920x1080
Dw1820a wlan-BT
RAM 8 GB DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 620
2 NVME SSD 256 GB
O2 Card Reader Bluetooth,
Cannon point trouch pad
HDMI,
USB 3.1, USB-C,
Wi-Fi fingerprint sensor.

everything works normaly

Attachments

• 78634140-f39b3f80-78ab-11ea-96fa-3f31dfb0b88d.jpg
    78634140-f39b3f80-78ab-11ea-96fa-3f31dfb0b88d.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 88
Up.....
Come guys....!!!
Do you have it also?
If not any ideas?

Up.....
Come guys....!!!
Do you have it also?
If not any ideas?
zip and upload your clover folder so someone can take a look maybe?

OK... ... don' t punch (I just wanted to see, at first, if anyone else has it too)
EFI coming right up.
(I just removed SN - UUID....)

Could you also please take a look at my IGPU F/B because in order to make the HDMI work with sound I have a yellow tint that i can correct ony with a different display profile (it persists at login screen).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 45
OK... ... don' t punch (I just wanted to see, at first, if anyone else has it too)
EFI coming right up.
(I just removed SN - UUID....)

Could you also please take a look at my IGPU F/B because in order to make the HDMI work with sound I have a yellow tint that i can correct ony with a different display profile (it persists at login screen).

remove -v from your boot arguments

also a few other things i have noticed:

MacBookPro15,2 would be a better choice of SMBIOS

you may want to try enabling these:
Code:
<string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
have you tried without using:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

you may want to check over:

Thnak you for your time.
1. Booting in verbose doesnt solve the problem. Before r5108 and 10.15.4 I did not have that text. Is it normal to have it?
2.At the beginning i used MacBookPro15,2, but 15.4 is better for power consumption
3. I used to have them enabled, but thru trial and error a decided to disable them (I the process i arrived at a config.plist with which power consumption was core=0,20 watts, PKG 1,05 watts at idle before i Installed the dw1820a).
4. Dont I need FACEPCIIDs for the WLAN and HDMI AUDIO...? I will remove them and check back.

At the bottom line is this text normal?

Thnak you for your time.
1. Booting in verbose doesnt solve the problem. Before r5108 and 10.15.4 I did not have that text. Is it normal to have it?
2.At the beginning i used MacBookPro15,2, but 15.4 is better for power consumption
3. I used to have them enabled, but thru trial and error a decided to disable them (I the process i arrived at a config.plist with which power consumption was core=0,20 watts, PKG 1,05 watts at idle before i Installed the dw1820a).
4. Dont I need FACEPCIIDs for the WLAN and HDMI AUDIO...? I will remove them and check back.

At the bottom line is this text normal?
1. not sure as i haven't used clover for a few months now, been using OpenCore
2. ok
3. ok
4. trial and error, besides, the files you have has nothing to do with WLAN, only HDMI audio in which some cases it is not needed

I implemented your suggestions
And
1. No sound.
2. HDMI doesnt want to connect (laptop screen turns on and of ... external on and off)

reverting....

It is strange thought........
I cannot find anything about the text in the picture.....

I implemented your suggestions
And
1. No sound.
2. HDMI doesnt want to connect (laptop screen turns on and of ... external on and off)

reverting....

It is strange thought........
I cannot find anything about the text in the picture.....
pop the fakepci kexts back in

I did that. All is normal.
Should i delete the whole efi, reinstall clover and merge my, ACPI/patched, kexts/ drivers and config.plist and test how it goes?

I have, anyway, to deal with two new (out of nowhere) ACPI errors and will try to re patch DSDT and ssdts again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back