i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.

So I went through a lot of hassle trying to update my build to 10.9. Lastly I had to backup, reformat and do a clean install. I installed everything, did the multibeast set up and rebooted a couple times to be sure I wasn't getting any KP's or issues when booting. The installation was complete and everything was running smoothly.

So now off to the superficial changes... I adjusted the resolution of the chimera bootloader, and installed a theme. Now the computer is stuck at the Apple logo. Even when I boot in verbose mode... it does all of its loading, then goes to the Apple logo, and it stalls there.

I've never had an issue like that before. Any suggestions as to what could it be?

I do have a clean install of OSX 10.9 in a spare drive, so if I need to access the system, that won't be an issue.

Thanks.

Try booting with your USB installer flash drive.
Select your Mavericks drive.
If it loads you can run Multibeast again.

My ASUS P9X79 system has the same issue, but I can bypass this by Typing npci=0x3000 at the Chimera screen every time I boot, is a pain but it looks like there is not a fix for this in the present Multibeast!

My ASUS P9X79 system has the same issue, but I can bypass this by Typing npci=0x3000 at the Chimera screen every time I boot, is a pain but it looks like there is not a fix for this in the present Multibeast!
Why not just add it to your boot.plist flag string and then you won't have to type it everytime :D

Strange stuck at Apple logo issue - Solved

Thanks guys! Turns out Champlist changed GraphicsEnabler= to Yes, when my card needs it to be at No, or not there at all.

That solved my problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back