CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built my first Hackintosh a few days ago and everything works great.
(see my build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...itro-se-lg-34wk95u-w-catalina-10-15-3.292101/)

But the information on iStat and HWMonitor is a bit strange. I'm just a bit worried about the specifications, because the fans of the RX 5700XT are usually standing still and only start when a benchmark or similar is reached. (I'm afraid that the card might overheat or something)

I would be very grateful if you could take a quick look at it and maybe point out any bugs or additional installations.

Many thanks in advance!

Here are some screenshots:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-26 um 07.49.48.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-26 um 07.49.55.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-26 um 07.50.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-26 um 07.53.50.png

the apps you are using are third party and you cannot expect them to show the newest hardware values
there is a utility called vgtab for fan control on the vega cards you can try it but i read that the no fan is usual for these cards when there is no load on them. you can test it on windows if you have time for that. anyway the fan controls are in the bios of the GPU so it will not overheat for sure

the apps you are using are third party and you cannot expect them to show the newest hardware values
there is a utility called vgtab for fan control on the vega cards you can try it but i read that the no fan is usual for these cards when there is no load on them. you can test it on windows if you have time for that. anyway the fan controls are in the bios of the GPU so it will not overheat for sure
I am glad to receive this information, then I am somewhat reassured.

Is there a way to install correct drivers, or how can I find out that something is installed incorrectly? (Sorry I am still a noob in this topic)

But the information on iStat and HWMonitor is a bit strange. I'm just a bit worried about the specifications, because the fans of the RX 5700XT are usually standing still and only start when a benchmark or similar is reached. (I'm afraid that the card might overheat or something)

Don't bother about it.
Your GPU has a silent mode. Their Fans will fire up only when needed.

Look here: Link

Don't bother about it.
Your GPU has a silent mode. Their Fans will fire up only when needed.

Look here: Link
I knew about this mode. Only I am/was not sure if it works (always) under macOS. So even if you are using the wrong kexts or if you have not made correct settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back