Contribute
Register

Strange Problems when trying to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
2017-09-26 13:23:32+00 MacBook-Air osinstallersetupd[560]: Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
this is what the log says at the "end" of the update progress. After this, it just restarts as if nothing happened. Maybe you can have a look into the log, you can find it in the attachment.
I really appreciate your help.

bLiNd

Attachments

• ia.log.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 92
Code:
2017-09-26 13:23:32+00 MacBook-Air osinstallersetupd[560]: Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
this is what the log says at the "end" of the update progress. After this, it just restarts as if nothing happened. Maybe you can have a look into the log, you can find it in the attachment.
I really appreciate your help.

bLiNd

Maybe you should check in Disk Utility to see if your HFS+J volume is healthy.
Also, you forgot to attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Also, you might consider updating without APFS conversion (use startosinstall --converttoapfs NO).

Ok, so i tried to do an install from the scratch again because i think something has to be wrong with my sierra install.
Unfortunately i ran into a new error. In the second phase of the installation, i get the error that my firmware cant be validated. I read something that i have to change my Firmware settings in my plist. The problem right now is that i dont have a Mac around, is it also possible to change values under Windows ? Or should i first go back to my Sierra build an put everything into place ?

bLiNd

Ok, so i tried to do an install from the scratch again because i think something has to be wrong with my sierra install.
Unfortunately i ran into a new error. In the second phase of the installation, i get the error that my firmware cant be validated. I read something that i have to change my Firmware settings in my plist. The problem right now is that i dont have a Mac around, is it also possible to change values under Windows ? Or should i first go back to my Sierra build an put everything into place ?

bLiNd

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry, thought there would be a solution to fix it without providing the problem reporting data because i've read about it that it also happened often in the Beta times.
But i have attached the clover files from my installation stick.

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    3.6 MB · Views: 92
Thanks RehabMan ! Removing the line did the thing, now the installing process runs like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back