Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 6470b
CPU
i7-3720QM / QM 77
Graphics
HD 4000 + GTX1060
Hi just like in title I have a strange problem with booting into system. My laptop is Samsung RC530 S04PL. Everything works great, I Partitioned and formated my 1TB disk into GPT and installed OS X Maverics from USB stick. System runs without problems except one thing and I think its bios related. I set my disk as 1st Boot and installed Chimera from Multibeast in EFI partition but everytime I run my laptop it says that it can't find proper boot device unless i run it with Recovery boot (f4 at startup). Its a small problem but annoying and i don't know what to do with it.

Hi just like in title I have a strange problem with booting into system. My laptop is Samsung RC530 S04PL. Everything works great, I Partitioned and formated my 1TB disk into GPT and installed OS X Maverics from USB stick. System runs without problems except one thing and I think its bios related. I set my disk as 1st Boot and installed Chimera from Multibeast in EFI partition but everytime I run my laptop it says that it can't find proper boot device unless i run it with Recovery boot (f4 at startup). Its a small problem but annoying and i don't know what to do with it.

Did you set the EFI partition as the active partition?

Much like ASUS, Samsung machines have quirky BIOS implementations. I would recommend Clover UEFI.

Yes i did this, I don't know if clover boot is possible it never worked on my laptop I always had a strange bright screen at boot only chimera/chameleon worked. Maybe I have to do some bios changes, its very windows adjusted. It has some strange Windows boot overrides in settings and I cant change this.

Yes i did this, I don't know if clover boot is possible it never worked on my laptop I always had a strange bright screen at boot only chimera/chameleon worked. Maybe I have to do some bios changes, its very windows adjusted. It has some strange Windows boot overrides in settings and I cant change this.

Clover requires careful and correct configuration for your hardware. You probably just made some mistakes.

Ok I'll try with Clover then.

I think that clover boot ain't necessary at all. Because after research I found out its about boot override in my bios

Boot override order in my bios
DSC_0005.jpg

Now I have 2 systems installed and this "Windows boot manager" is for my windows 8.1 system that boots from EFI partition (it has to be like this because trying to boot W8.1 from other partition will make BCD error) OS X Maverics boots form OS X partition.

So i found better option for booting at laptop start when i type "Esc" i have this option

DSC_0006.jpg

The point is that I wont it to boot from P0: SAMSUNG HN-M101MBB by default because then it'l load OS X. But in bios it always try to boot Windows Boot Manager at 1st and I cant change this, its some stupid bios option made by windows and I can't find a way to change this...

I think that clover boot ain't necessary at all. Because after research I found out its about boot override in my bios

Boot override order in my bios
View attachment 104905

Now I have 2 systems installed and this "Windows boot manager" is for my windows 8.1 system that boots from EFI partition (it has to be like this because trying to boot W8.1 from other partition will make BCD error) OS X Maverics boots form OS X partition.

So i found better option for booting at laptop start when i type "Esc" i have this option

View attachment 104906

The point is that I wont it to boot from P0: SAMSUNG HN-M101MBB by default because then it'l load OS X. But in bios it always try to boot Windows Boot Manager at 1st and I cant change this, its some stupid bios option made by windows and I can't find a way to change this...

You should consider using Clover UEFI...

but it wont broke my windows 8.1 boot? W8.1 has to boot from EFI partition otherwise I'll get BCD error with no way (well after few reinstalls and researches :D) to repair it.

but it wont broke my windows 8.1 boot? W8.1 has to boot from EFI partition otherwise I'll get BCD error with no way (well after few reinstalls and researches :D) to repair it.

Your Win81 is installed UEFI, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back