Graphics
NVIDIA GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have built a system with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard and Zotac GTX670 graphics card. One of the reason's I chose this motherboard was because of it's dual Gigabit NIC support as I was earlier using a Mac Pro 1,1 with Drobo Pro.

On this motherboard, networking works just fine after Unibeast installation. However, when I run Multibeast to make the disk bootable, I also select Audio drivers and set GraphicsEnabler=No as suggested for my graphics cards. Following that, I reboot and my network can no longer connect. I can still see the two Network cards in System Profile and the lights flash on the connector itself but OS X doesn't detect any connectivity. I have managed to get one of them working again through the Multibeast Networking driver installation of Apple/Intel card but the second one is still inactive.

Like I said, I really need dual NICs which was the reason for this motherboard but how do I get them to work? Also why is installing Multibeast (without networking drivers) screwing up the NICs when they were working prior to installation.

Mountain Lion:
I too have this problem. I have not been able to connect to the network since I installed multibeast. I installed maolj's Atheros1cEthernet - the Ethernet socket near the PSU lights up, no connection. I had network OK when in iBoot.

I have tried the other three options in Network (after 3 installs) still no joy but I have sound!

Anything else I can try?

thanks

James

i5-3570K
Ga-Z77X-UD5H

I have the same MB and CPU. It's been a few months since I installed Mountain Lion. I can't remember I did anything special. In advance I made sure I was using the latest BIOS (F14) and configured the BIOS properly. I only use the Intel NIC, since I don't need the other NIC. I used Multibeast 5.0.2 and chose kext 'hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet'. The Intel NIC works without problems.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back