Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock z170 k6
CPU
Intel i5 6600K
Graphics
GTX 770 2gb
So this is my first post here, i just set up my first hackintosh on MacOS sierra a few days ago, and it went fairly well but it wasn't without its problems.

Anyway so my keyboard is a corsair K70 RGB, and i noticed that when i push caps lock it makes the system lock up or lag for a few seconds and this process will repeat on every click or letter typed until i turn caps lock off, which makes using caps lock impossible. This happens with the unofficial mac CKB drivers on, and drivers off.

What i did notice though is after MacOS sierra has loaded,
if i change the bios switch on the keyboard to any other setting the caps lock works as you would expect,no issues.
After i do, CKB no longer detects my K70 as a compatible device.

If i change the bios switch to what worked before hand, but this time have it set to that by default before the OS launches,
the caps lock issue is still there.

So as far as i can tell, when i change the bios switch after MacOS boots, it seems to be tricking the OS into thinking that the keyboard is not a k70 and is a generic keyboard, which is when caps lock works fine.

Does anyone know why this maybe? I know moving the bios switch isnt a big deal to have my keyboard work as it should, but it also removes lots of functionality since i can no longer use the drivers for the keyboard, that and other people with k70s dont seem to be having this problem.

if you need anymore info just ask

• Intel 6600k
  • Asrock K6 gaming
  • GTX 770 2GB

Cheers Trin

So this is my first post here, i just set up my first hackintosh on MacOS sierra a few days ago, and it went fairly well but it wasn't without its problems.

Anyway so my keyboard is a corsair K70 RGB, and i noticed that when i push caps lock it makes the system lock up or lag for a few seconds and this process will repeat on every click or letter typed until i turn caps lock off, which makes using caps lock impossible. This happens with the unofficial mac CKB drivers on, and drivers off.

What i did notice though is after MacOS sierra has loaded,
if i change the bios switch on the keyboard to any other setting the caps lock works as you would expect,no issues.
After i do, CKB no longer detects my K70 as a compatible device.

If i change the bios switch to what worked before hand, but this time have it set to that by default before the OS launches,
the caps lock issue is still there.

So as far as i can tell, when i change the bios switch after MacOS boots, it seems to be tricking the OS into thinking that the keyboard is not a k70 and is a generic keyboard, which is when caps lock works fine.

Does anyone know why this maybe? I know moving the bios switch isnt a big deal to have my keyboard work as it should, but it also removes lots of functionality since i can no longer use the drivers for the keyboard, that and other people with k70s dont seem to be having this problem.

if you need anymore info just ask

• Intel 6600k
  • Asrock K6 gaming
  • GTX 770 2GB

Cheers Trin

Your not alone on this one.

Also happens on my Toshiba laptop and it is pretty annoying :-X

It is a known issue on sierra, I think that sierra is just a mess at the moment. It is mostly happening to laptop users, but it is a known issue -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back