Graphics
GT240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so here's my issue, I'll explain it to the best of my ability and provide a video for all to see.

This is my second hack, and installation couldn't have gone easier! I used the following hardware;

Core i3 530
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H rev 1.0 (F7 Bios)
Corsair XMS3 4GB Kit
Asus GeForce GT240
Western Digital 1TB Blue HD
Antec P180 Mini

DSDT from the database for my mobo/bios
Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 disc

Anyway, after installation I updated using the combo update, ran multibeast, selected the appropriate kext and went about my way. I had the tower running most of the day and noticed an issue after I updated safari using the Check for Updates link.

My Issue:

When I start up the tower from a cold boot or a restart, chameleon RC5 will load, and the circular progress bar will stall and continue in a slow and stuttering manor. After a couple minutes, OSX will eventually load however My keyoard and mouse do not function but the clock continues to update.

When I hold the power button down, the tower will shut off, and then I'll wait a couple seconds and power back on. Chameleon loads just fine, progress bar runs smoothly, OSX loads and viola im back in my desktop with keyboard and mouse working.

If I restart from here, the tower will restart like normal, chameleon will load however same thing happens as I described in the first paragraph. I took special not that during this restart I could not enter the bios nor boot using verbose (-v). I then have to repeat the the steps above to get a working environment.

I'm probably going to start a fresh install, but before I did I wanted to get some input...

Video of Issue can be found here... Sorry for the crappy res it was taken on my evo then downsampled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qihkIbd-jFs

Strange issue. I'm going to take a wild guess. USB problems?

Uploading video as I type, will edit and update the first post once its complete.

I thought USB issues also, but now im thinking more and more it has nothing to do with USB... just dunno why?

jaysen said:
Ok so here's my issue, I'll explain it to the best of my ability and provide a video for all to see.

This is my second hack, and installation couldn't have gone easier! I used the following hardware;

Core i3 530
Corsair XMS3 4GB Kit
Asus GeForce GT240
Antec P180 Mini

Anyway, after installation I updated using the combo update, ran multibeast, selected the appropriate kext and went about my way. I had the tower running most of the day and noticed an issue after I updated safari using the Check for Updates link.

My Issue:

When I start up the tower from a cold boot or a restart, chameleon RC5 will load, and the circular progress bar will stall and continue in a slow and stuttering manor. After a couple minutes, OSX will eventually load however My keyoard and mouse do not function but the clock continues to update.

When I hold the power button down, the tower will shut off, and then I'll wait a couple seconds and power back on. Chameleon loads just fine, progress bar runs smoothly, OSX loads and viola im back in my desktop with keyboard and mouse working.

If I restart from here, the tower will restart like normal, chameleon will load however same thing happens as I described in the first paragraph. I took special not that during this restart I could not enter the bios nor boot using verbose (-v). I then have to repeat the the steps above to get a working environment.

I'm probably going to start a fresh install, but before I did I wanted to get some input...

Video of Issue can be found here... Sorry for the crappy res it was taken on my evo then downsampled

Are you using the latest official Realtek driver? Switch to Lnx2Mac's driver.

MacMan said:
jaysen said:

Core i3 530
Corsair XMS3 4GB Kit
Asus GeForce GT240
Antec P180 Mini

My Issue:

Are you using the latest official Realtek driver? Switch to Lnx2Mac's driver.

Yes, I am using the Official Realtek driver - How do I go about removing it and using Lnx2Mac ?

Also, when using iBoot to boot the system up (with 2.0 device plugged in), each time I restart/shutdown it works as normal - errr... however the moment i stop booting with iBoot I encounter the same issues as I've described.

jaysen said:
Yes, I am using the Official Realtek driver - How do I go about removing it and using Lnx2Mac ?

Also, when using iBoot to boot the system up (with 2.0 device plugged in), each time I restart/shutdown it works as normal - errr... however the moment i stop booting with iBoot I encounter the same issues as I've described.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7782

SOLVED:

I installed the Lnx2Mac Realtek package and it fixed my issues. Currently running an update hack ! thanks Macman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back