AMD 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, I have a strange problem that I wonder if someone has an idea about. After I built my current computer, I used my old parts to upgrade my wife's comp, and her old parts to build my daughter a comp.

My Wife's configuration: Bad Axe2 Mobo, Nvidia 7300 LE graphics, 10.5.8 system software.

My Daughter's config: MSI 945GM3-F Mobo, intel GMA 950 graphics, 10.5.8 system.

Here's the problem: there are some websites that will load for me that will not load on their computers. It will hang and eventually just fail. This happened once already and lasted for a few days, and then stopped. It's started again so I want to figure out why it's happening.

Both of these computers were upgraded to 10.5.8 using the combo update, and use Chameleon RC4 to boot. It's perplexing to me because they both have working LAN with the exception of certain websites (which I would assume was a DNS problem, except they load for me and we're on the same connection).

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried them in a different browser?

yea - same effect. Weird, huh? What's really weird is it did it once before for a few days, then magically stopped for a while.

A quick google search provided a solution: I had to change the MTU to 1400 from 1500 in the advanced network preferences. That's never been an issue before... weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back