Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo M93p Tiny
CPU
i7-4765T
Graphics
HD 4600
Not long ago I upgraded my hackintosh graphics card from a cheap 210 card to an Asus 6850 card, and so far so good, it seems to work well, but I've found an annoying after effect after doing so.

I hadn't really paid attention to this initially, but it seems that since changing cards, every time I turn my monitor off & back on, my resolution changes from 1080p to 720p.
I use a 42" LCD TV as monitor, via HDI through an Amp (same setup as the old card used). The machine runs 24/7, and I notice when I turn on the monitor to use the hackintosh I have to reset my graphics back to 1080p from 720p.

It's like the monitor being on or off is sending a signal that toggles the resolution somehow, and I know HDMI can do funny 2 way communication, but no idea why it's happening with this card and not the old one, nor how to stop it happening.

Anyone able to help with this at all please? Appreciate any suggestions thanks!

Have you selected 1080p in multi beast / Customize / Boot Options ?

Yeah. Have done it again and rebooted to be sure but doesn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.
To reiterate, it's fine when it boots up and does so at 1080p, but if I switch the TV off & back on it's changed itself to 720p.

Seems that toggling the TV on & off is somehow influencing the setting, presumably via some HDMI voodoo somehow.
Bit stumped though unless there's a setting somewhere to disable communication through HDMI or whatever protocol it's using to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back