CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After upgrading to High Sierra I have very strange options on the boot screen. I have the newest version of Clover... It is only one disk attached SSD Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
So I'm not sure if your question is "why are there extra entries" or "why isn't the high Sierra drive showing up as an option", or something else. The former is probably something to do with how clover builds and stores entries on the boot screen in combination with your motherboard's bios, and my takeaway is that extra entries can build up in some circumstances. There are posts on cleaning up the clover boot selection screen. As to the second question, in order for clover to see a high Sierra drive that's been converted to apfs (if you did), you need to add apfs.efi to your CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI (assuming UEFI boot vs. legacy).

So I'm not sure if your question is "why are there extra entries" or "why isn't the high Sierra drive showing up as an option", or something else. The former is probably something to do with how clover builds and stores entries on the boot screen in combination with your motherboard's bios, and my takeaway is that extra entries can build up in some circumstances. There are posts on cleaning up the clover boot selection screen. As to the second question, in order for clover to see a high Sierra drive that's been converted to apfs (if you did), you need to add apfs.efi to your CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI (assuming UEFI boot vs. legacy).

First I did put apfs.efi to folder you mentioned before the update. So I have apfs system file. Usually on the boot screen I have the name of the disc to boot - Sierra in my case. Plus any its 4 option. Usually were 2 system to boot and recover one.

I think and i could be wrong, this has to do with your Theme, try an updated theme and see if it names the drives correctly.
you can hide the other drives in your config list.
under gui tab
top right corner, hide volume.

After upgrading to High Sierra I have very strange options on the boot screen. I have the newest version of Clover... It is only one disk attached SSD Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
Open your clover config with clover configurator, go to GUI option, then hide, and type Preboot. Then save and reboot and it should be gone

I think and i could be wrong, this has to do with your Theme, try an updated theme and see if it names the drives correctly.
you can hide the other drives in your config list.
under gui tab
top right corner, hide volume.

Its very strange - whatever Theme I choose in Clover Configuration its no change the booting screen - so nothing change

if you're using clover configurator, click on GUI tab, look for Theme, manually type the name of your theme.
best if you right click on the folder of the Theme, copy the name and then paste it.
Theme should load then.

if you're using clover configurator, click on GUI tab, look for Theme, manually type the name of your theme.
best if you right click on the folder of the Theme, copy the name and then paste it.
Theme should load then.
I know that and I did it for different themes but its not works.... I think something is overdoing that GUI presets... maybe something in plist, but I am not that good to find it :)
By the way the only way to see another theme is to choose it from boot screen as an boot options, so its mean that all the themes are ok and place in rights place in EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back