Motherboard
Rampage 3 Extreme
CPU
i7-930 OC @ 3.8GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
With macOS Sierra on my Hackintosh there is a strange behavior with my menu bar.
In the menu bar I have enabled the menu icon to control the volume of my sound.
But when I click on the icon in the menu bar a space is created between another icon in the menu bar.
I have recognized the space between the icons also while only moving the mouse.

Does someone of you have the same behavior?

Normal Menu Bar:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-22 um 20.51.50.png

Menu Bar with Space:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-22 um 20.51.33.png

With macOS Sierra on my Hackintosh there is a strange behavior with my menu bar.
But when I click on the icon in the menu bar a space is created between another icon in the menu bar.

Normal Menu Bar:
View attachment 211467

Menu Bar with Space:
View attachment 211468
How you don't have Airplay icon ?

Normal Menu Bar:
View attachment 211467

Menu Bar with Space:
View attachment 211468
Do you have iStat menus ?

How you don't have Airplay icon ?
Because I'm using it with a CPU without GPU. The only graphics is an nvidia card.

Do you have iStat menus ?
Yes, but also when I uninstall iStat menus and reboots the same behavior is still there.

Any other ideas? No one with same results?

The space in the menu bar is actually the icon for iStat menus, it is invisible until you define it in the preferences.
Click on the space and iStat menus will open.

The space in the menu bar is actually the icon for iStat menus, it is invisible until you define it in the preferences.
Click on the space and iStat menus will open.

I have uninstalled iStat Menus before but without success with the strange behavior.
I also have tried to click on the space but nothing happens then the space will disappear... for the moment...

I have that issue too

Edit: found the solution: the emtpy space opening is related to Display icon that, not having an integrated GPU hides immediately.
I don't know why the volume control try to show the Display icon but, disabling "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" cleared the issue

Last edited:
I have that issue too

Edit: found the solution: the emtpy space opening is related to Display icon that, not having an integrated GPU hides immediately.
I don't know why the volume control try to show the Display icon but, disabling "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" cleared the issue
you star! :)

BOOM! Fixed mine as well. Couldn't figure out why my icons kept kicking back and forth for no reason. Thanks l0v3r!

I have that issue too

You da man!! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back