4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 27 inch LG 4K monitor connected to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 video card using hdmi. When I boot up I get a very large Apple logo and progress bar. When the booting gets to the second stage the Apple logo and progress bar switches to a much smaller one. Is there anyway to get the boot screen to be the proper size through the whole boot process? This is probably a minor thing because the macOS boots and runs fine. It's just kind of irritating to watch during the boot process. I have never had this problem before using other non 4K monitors and can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be great

Seems consistent with High Sierra installations.

I have the same issue, and I installed csmVideoDXE (an option under 'install drivers' in Clover) and set the resolution to 4K in the 'GUI' settings.

This DID provide the proper behavior during Clover Boot, but when it hit he second phase (after the screen flashes/clears and before the Apple Logo and Thermometer continues) the screen just goes black, and doesn't recover. I had to remove csmVideoDXE again.

I've inquired about this in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back