Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - Lion

ericdano,
Does HD 3000 give you good graphics response with Logic, etc.? I've been wondering if you really need a graphics card for the more demanding recording programs. Seems user of these programs have graphics cards.

BTW, your profile is showing HD300 instead of HD 3000. :lol: BTW2, please add a one line system description to your signature block per Rule #3. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Oops. HD 3000 I'll fix that at some point.

The only program that doesn't run is Digital Performer. Some guys here suggested getting a video card for that program.

Logic 9 and ProTools 10 work fine on the machine though. I didn't do any music and video stuff, just strictly audio recording through my USB2 box. No complaints at all.

Stork said:
ericdano,
Does HD 3000 give you good graphics response with Logic, etc.? I've been wondering if you really need a graphics card for the more demanding recording programs. Seems user of these programs have graphics cards.

BTW, your profile is showing HD300 instead of HD 3000. :lol:

183177313_vs.jpg
Last year, I found this PCI-e Firewire 1394a/b (FW400/800) card on eBay for $12.00 that I couldn't pass up.
Dynex 2-Port FireWire 800 & 1-Port 400 PCIe DX-PCI2PF || eBay Search for DX-PCI2PF | Another eBay Search | OWC Search

However, I've been looking for another Dynex but can't find the same model. I recommend any FW card at Other World Computing (link above).

HD 3000 / DVI and DisplayPort outputs work for two monitors?

Hi, new member here, trying to soak up info. I'm attracted to this build to take advantage of the onboard HD 3000 graphics output until I need a standalone graphics card for this machine (which may be never) and love to chew through less power and generate less noise where I can.

Early on in the thread there was a comment about not knowing if the DisplayPort and DVI ports could be used simultaneously, or perhaps the comment really was whether DisplayPort worked at all.

Does anyone know if the two can be used together? That'd make this motherboard an obvious choice for me, my two Dell Monitors don't have HDMI but do sport DisplayPort and DVI.

Edit: This thread seems to indicate the DisplayPort on the UD3H works. Yay. Hopefully. Yay.

viewtopic.php?p=239720#p239720

Thanks all for replies! I will let you know when assebled!

Hi Stork,

I'm pretty much after copying your build. I have the same motherboard, the i7 processor and 16gb of vengeance ram. However, when I plug in my usb interface i am getting an awful lot of interference in the speakers. Did you get this? I have tried plugging in my interface (apogee one) to my macbook and everything works perfectly. I know that there are some similar problems on this website, but dont see any solutions to the problem. Some of them have adjusted their voodoohda kext but I had no such luck. I have gone into system preferences and turned down all of the input/outputs. I reinstalled everything this morning but had no success. Any ideas?

Thanks

No, fortunately, I don't have this problem. All my recording interfaces use Firewire, and I do not have any interference showing up on the speakers.

When the first USB recording interface units came out, there was latency problems. Firewire was the way to go, and, of course, the Firewire interfaces costed almost twice as much. But, they worked. Consequently, I've just stayed with Firewire and have had not problems.

I use a stork clone, and a m-audio fast track ultra USB audio interface. Seems to work fine on my setup. I record and playback audio on it without any interference.

Neverlandland said:
Hi Stork,

I'm pretty much after copying your build. I have the same motherboard, the i7 processor and 16gb of vengeance ram. However, when I plug in my usb interface i am getting an awful lot of interference in the speakers. Did you get this? I have tried plugging in my interface (apogee one) to my macbook and everything works perfectly. I know that there are some similar problems on this website, but dont see any solutions to the problem. Some of them have adjusted their voodoohda kext but I had no such luck. I have gone into system preferences and turned down all of the input/outputs. I reinstalled everything this morning but had no success. Any ideas?

Thanks

Glad to hear today's USB audio/recording interfaces are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back