Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - Lion

Mate94 said:
Very interesting. Have you got any video artifacts yet? I want to find why the CustoMac Mini suffering from this issues. Maybe the problems caused by the PSU, Mobo or the HD3000. But if for you works, it isn't be the HD3000. Have you got any idea for it?
Had some in Snow Leopard when I was installing on my way to Lion. But, I haven't seen any after 10.7.2.

Make sure you set your BIOS graphics memory correctly as I described in the OP.
..set one Advanced BIOS Features parameter - On-Chip Frame Buffer Size. I had 8GB RAM, so I set it at 480MB+2MB for GTT. If you have 4GB RAM, set it to 384.

Thanks for the reply Stork.

I'm not really a heavy user, but I do spend some time in Photoshop and InDesign--just lightweight stuff mostly. So the 8 GB would probably be good....just wanted to make sure I could go up to 16 if that was necessary.

Like you, I'm not a gamer and will probably never use more than two monitors.

What is your recommendation for an optical drive for this system?

Stork said:
Mate94 said:
Very interesting. Have you got any video artifacts yet? I want to find why the CustoMac Mini suffering from this issues. Maybe the problems caused by the PSU, Mobo or the HD3000. But if for you works, it isn't be the HD3000. Have you got any idea for it?
Had some in Snow Leopard when I was installing on my way to Lion. But, I haven't seen any after 10.7.2.

..set one Advanced BIOS Features parameter - On-Chip Frame Buffer Size. I had 8GB RAM, so I set it at 480MB+2MB for GTT. If you have 4GB RAM, set it to 384.

Huh... it looks like I'm the only one who want to get rid of this problem. The others just want to know the solution and that's all. But it would be good do something for the Hackintosh community. Thank you, I try force the Mini users to try your idea. :thumbup:

Mate94 said:
Stork said:
Mate94 said:

Huh... it looks like I'm the only one who want to get rid of this problem. The others just want to know the solution and that's all. But it would be good do something for the Hackintosh community. Thank you, I try force the Mini users to try your idea. :thumbup:

As I though, no influence. :(

Have you defined your smbios as a Mac Mini5,1?

If not, I recommend posting your problem in the one of the HD 3000 threads, or better yet, in tonymacx86's CustoMac Mini thread. Since I don't have any HD 3000 problems, I haven't been paying much attention to others video artifacts. I'll see what the other Mod's know about the situation and report back.

In the meantime, have you implemented the Tweaks? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36044

hackintosh1997 said:
...hey stork, just wondering how did you install the system???
In my original post, see the Build Installation section.

I have always followed the official tonymacx86 guides without any problems. However, as I said in my original post, I print out each guide. Then, check off each step so I don't inadvertently skip a step. I've never had a problem installing Snow Leopard and Lion using this method.

Since this original build, I've been testing several of the beta tonymacx86 software. So, I've had to use a virgin drive using the official tonymacx86 guides. I've started installing SL and then Lion. Using the tonymacx86 guides and the guides printout as check lists, I've tried to emulate newbies installation. Every time, I've succeed in installing OS X.

But, I must admit I was surprised that my clone of my Lion build on my GA-P55M-UD4 worked without any corrections.

Stork said:
Have you defined your smbios as a Mac Mini5,1?

If not, I recommend posting your problem in the one of the HD 3000 threads, or better yet, in tonymacx86's CustoMac Mini thread. Since I don't have any HD 3000 problems, I haven't been paying much attention to others video artifacts. I'll see what the other Mod's know about the situation and report back.

In the meantime, have you implemented the Tweaks? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36044

Ooops... I wasn't understandable. I don't have the Mini, I was just helping the other who had issues with it. I want to buy the CMini, but because of the issues, it's just setting me back. :?

Stork,

Since you are a long-time Mac user, I'm sure you can probably answer this question: How does this build compare with a Mac Pro for noise? I'm used to my computer being pretty quiet and wondered how this case/PSU setup compares for fan noise, etc.

Also, I noticed that you used a SATA II/32MB cache hard drive. Would there be much noticeable performance gain if I used a SATA III drive with 64MB cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back