Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Ok, I had not seen that but indeed it is written in the guide
I put everything back in order lilu, virtualSMC SMCprocessor, SMCsuperIO, WatherverGreen...
removed everything that had nothing to do here, like airport, it probably came from a test.
I still get a black screen before loading.
The only config.plist that i can boot is with this for the Igpu, but not stable View attachment 530563

normally it should be that :

View attachment 530564

i think this is why i have a stability issue, but i can't see what's wrong when i use the correct AAPL
So I'm not sure I understand but I am assuming you want to use the iGPU not a discreet graphics card (time to update your signature). If so then you can also try changing the AAPL as suggested in the guide to 0009B3E, see below.

Device Properties Z490.png

So I'm not sure I understand but I am assuming you want to use the iGPU not a discreet graphics card (time to update your signature). If so then you can also try changing the AAPL as suggested in the guide to 0009B3E, see below.

View attachment 530581
(Sorry i'm french :mrgreen:)
Yes i want to use the UHD630 of my CPU.
I have already try with 00009B3E and same issue black sreen.

Last edited:
Have you tried different outputs? Display Port and HDMI?

You may need to add FakePCIID.kext for your network card, results vary with user. The attached is an example and also has another Device Properties entry for your iGPU you can compare or copy. The serial numbers are someone else's...

Attachments

• EFIMSIz490.zip
    34.2 MB · Views: 57
Your post was deleted because it had serial numbers in the EFI which I guess is bad, not ours but something to be aware of in future posts.I didn't mean for you to run the EFI as is, that will cause you problems. It was just to show you other config.plist Device Properties entries etc.. If your system is unstable its probably something else either int hat config.plist but it could be something else. Double check your bios settings and just the device property for the display in the iGPUconfig.plist using your config.plist.

Here are the BIOS settings edited format the first page:

First > Exit Menu
Load Optimized Defaults

Advanced Items
CPU Configuration > SGX >Disable (default)
PCH StorageConfiguration > SATA Mode > ACHI (default)
System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Enabled for Catalina, Big Sur & Monterey
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > iGPU > Enabled
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Above 4G Decoding > Enable
System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Enabled (default)
USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff > XCHI > Enabled (default)
Onboard Device Configuration > Serial Port Configuration > Serial Port > Disable (motherboard does have a Serial Port header, not a Back Panel port.)
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled (default)

Boot Menu
CSM > Launch CSM > Disable (default)
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS (default)
Boot Configuration > Fast Boot > Disabled
Boot Configuration > Boot Logo Display > Disabled

Exit > Save Changes

EDIT: you might try the attached config.plist (change the name and substitute it for yours in your updated EFI folder).

Attachments

• config_iGPU.plist
    20.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Your post was deleted because it had serial numbers in the EFI which I guess is bad, not ours but something to be aware of in future posts.I didn't mean for you to run the EFI as is, that will cause you problems. It was just to show you other config.plist Device Properties entries etc.. If your system is unstable its probably something else either int hat config.plist but it could be something else. Double check your bios settings and just the device property for the display in the iGPUconfig.plist using your config.plist.

Here are the BIOS settings edited format the first page:

First > Exit Menu
Load Optimized Defaults

Advanced Items
CPU Configuration > SGX >Disable (default)
PCH StorageConfiguration > SATA Mode > ACHI (default)
System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Enabled for Catalina, Big Sur & Monterey
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > iGPU > Enabled
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Above 4G Decoding > Enable
System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Enabled (default)
USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff > XCHI > Enabled (default)
Onboard Device Configuration > Serial Port Configuration > Serial Port > Disable (motherboard does have a Serial Port header, not a Back Panel port.)
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled (default)

Boot Menu
CSM > Launch CSM > Disable (default)
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS (default)
Boot Configuration > Fast Boot > Disabled
Boot Configuration > Boot Logo Display > Disabled

Exit > Save Changes

EDIT: you might try the attached config.plist (change the name and substitute it for yours in your updated EFI folder).
-so, to understand each other, I never fully used your config.plist I just used the add part: AAPL .... for IGPU.I know that the config.plist will not work on my machine as it is.

-When I got the last one you sent me I used PoperTree and went: OC SNAPSHOT / OC CLEAN SNAPSHOT
-after that I booted and I still had the same problem, black screen, application that does not respond
I think in your config.plist there are too many framebuffer patches. The one with which I also manage to boot creates the same problems for me, stability problem and application that does not want to respond.

-so, to understand each other, I never fully used your config.plist I just used the add part: AAPL .... for IGPU.I know that the config.plist will not work on my machine as it is.

-When I got the last one you sent me I used PoperTree and went: OC SNAPSHOT / OC CLEAN SNAPSHOT
-after that I booted and I still had the same problem, black screen, application that does not respond
I think in your config.plist there are too many framebuffer patches. The one with which I also manage to boot creates the same problems for me, stability problem and application that does not want to respond.
I don't use ProperTree, kind of hate it, but its free so I understand. I'm not sure I understand exactly what is happening with your system, big gaps in what I know about your machine, but I found this other users configuration on GitHub fir the same board.

The config.plist is supposed to work with the iGPU. If it doesn't you can try copying over the device properties from the version that boots and see what that results in.

Also you still need to update your signature with your current build

Attachments

• ASUS-ProArt-Z490-CREATOR-master.zip
    39.1 MB · Views: 89
I don't use ProperTree, kind of hate it, but its free so I understand. I'm not sure I understand exactly what is happening with your system, big gaps in what I know about your machine, but I found this other users configuration on GitHub fir the same board.

The config.plist is supposed to work with the iGPU. If it doesn't you can try copying over the device properties from the version that boots and see what that results in.

Also you still need to update your signature with your current build
thank you so much
I think it's good, no bug issues yet. I will try again.
for info, I made the modification of my signature, but it does not update
Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 11.58.42.png

Last edited:
OK, it's done !
So almost everything works. I just have to buy a network card (Fenvi T919) because the one I have works, but I cannot be in WiFi and use my Magic Mouse.
The TB3 does not work. I have a UAD Arrow audio card, it turns on but is not recognized. is there something to do? kext or SSDT?

Back