Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Yep definitely read those! That's it? Everything else left as default? Thank you for confirming Stork. It's really odd to solve one problem to create another, but I'm definitely glad my export crashing has been solved. That's another note to people, if experiencing crashing with video related software, try updating the BIOS, but to 2101 only.
Yep, that's it.

Hi Stork,

Newbie to the forum! Got everything but TB3 working myself reading this thread + debugging myself. Not sure if I have the right TB3 SSDT or if there's something I'm missing. Currently have to unplug → replug my Apollo Twin every time for it to work. Any advice or solutions?

Regardless, thanks for the great documentation.

Newbie to the forum! Got everything but TB3 working myself reading this thread + debugging myself. Not sure if I have the right TB3 SSDT or if there's something I'm missing. Currently have to unplug → replug my Apollo Twin every time for it to work. Any advice or solutions?
From what I'm gathering with the information available is that apollo works fine with the use the ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3 SSDT.

As @CaseySJ told me, you'll need to get AppleVTD to show up in the IOReg. So make sure these need 3 things have been updated:
  • VT-d must be enabled in BIOS
  • DisableIoMapper must be unchecked in Kernel Quirks (OpenCore)
  • dart=0 must be removed from Boot-Args (OpenCore)
Reboot and check if AppleVTD appears in IORegistryExplorer. If so, please see if the Apollo will be active upon boot up.

Hi, I have been trying for 5 days to configure to have something stable.
I managed to install OS on the SSD but it cuts itself sometimes, it seems unstable.
In addition, during the installation the motherboard shows me this :
IMG_5951 3.jpg

I followed the dortania guide to install usb and I think I did everything well. Can anyone look at my EFI?
I use Open Core 0.7.4 with Big Sur 11,6 and i use the IGPU
BIOS 2201 (try with lastest same issue)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
@hackinyann, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. :D I, too, have this problem every time I reboot. Let's see if @CaseySJ can offer a solution.

BTW, I, too, updated to OC 0.7.4 w/o any problems.

Hi, I have been trying for 5 days to configure to have something stable.
I managed to install OS on the SSD but it cuts itself sometimes, it seems unstable.
In addition, during the installation the motherboard shows me this :
View attachment 530161

I followed the dortania guide to install usb and I think I did everything well. Can anyone look at my EFI?
I use Open Core 0.7.4 with Big Sur 11,6 and i use the IGPU
BIOS 2201 (try with lastest same issue)
I used to have that problem on an Asus Z490 Rog Strix Gaming E but adding a kernel patch took care of it. I've added it to your EFI config.plist, see if it helps.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
there is other non-useful Kext in the config.plist which causes it to block on airport Kext.
I see in your config.plist you are trying to load AirportItlwm.kext but that you do not have the actual kext in your kext folder of your EFI/OC/Kexts. The other issue is the order you list kexts in the config.plist determines when they load, Lilu.kext should always be first followed by VirtualSMC.kext then usually Whatevergreen.kext and AppleALC.kext
next. Following those you can add AirportItlwm.kext etc.

These are what was in your EFI kext folder below
Kexts In EFI.png

I see in your config.plist you are trying to load AirportItlwm.kext but that you do not have the actual kext in your kext folder of your EFI/OC/Kexts. The other issue is the order you list kexts in the config.plist determines when they load, Lilu.kext should always be first followed by VirtualSMC.kext then usually Whatevergreen.kext and AppleALC.kext
next. Following those you can add AirportItlwm.kext etc.

These are what was in your EFI kext folder below
View attachment 530553
Ok, I had not seen that but indeed it is written in the guide
I put everything back in order lilu, virtualSMC SMCprocessor, SMCsuperIO, WatherverGreen...
removed everything that had nothing to do here, like airport, it probably came from a test.
I still get a black screen before loading.
The only config.plist that i can boot is with this for the Igpu, but not stable
Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 10.02.53.png

normally it should be that :

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 18.50.14.png

i think this is why i have a stability issue, but i can't see what's wrong when i use the correct AAPL

Back