Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

@Adam.Smith, it's a known problem with motherboard manufacturer's Intel supplied WiFi/BT chipsets. They doesn't work with macOS. So, if you want WiFi (and BT), you have to replace the Intel card with an iMac Boardcom WiFi/BT card plus an adopter card which may stickup to high, depending upon your setup.

As for audio, the two step method I described using in my OP (Post #1) should have given you audio. Unfortunately, I can't help you with your microphone connection as I don't use the Motherboard/Case microphone plugs.

@pastrychef delided his processor in his ASUS Z370-G system. Check in with him on his Golden Build description. He might be able to help you with your other problems, too.

BTW, I edited your above post to make it easier to read. Thank you for the guide compliment.

Yeah, I tried the 2 step process for the audio (with the kextbeast and the terminal "touch" command) like... 3 times before I started going through the thread finding that other people were having issues with that too, and followed one of their replies to use lilo.kext and applealc.kext or what have you and that ended up half working. I'm not too concerned there.

To be honest though, I'm completely happy with it as it is now. I'll probably leave it alone as it's working :D

But yeah, without your thread I wouldn't have had the courage to attempt another hackintosh as my last 5-6 attempts in the past were totally wonky on other machines.

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 08.39.22.png

It is a great hack. :)

Great guide! I am wondering if 10.13.6 is still causing the issue with the rx 580 not being able to run 4k due to disabled DP ports. Thanks in advance.
The DP problem was caused by using the System Definition iMac18,3. Stay with the MultiBeast default iMac14,2. It will do everything you need including 4K via DP.

Hi @Stork ! Thank you for your work!

I want to make a similar build but on top of WiFi AC type motherboard.
Do you think it will work if I just plug Fenvi card or I will need to disable existing onboard wifi somewhere in BIOS ?

Also will this build work without discrete graphics(To already use it while I'm waiting for a good deal)?

Hi @Stork ! Thank you for your work!

I want to make a similar build but on top of WiFi AC type motherboard.
Do you think it will work if I just plug Fenvi card or I will need to disable existing onboard wifi somewhere in BIOS ?

Also will this build work without discrete graphics(To already use it while I'm waiting for a good deal)?
not need to disable wifi from bios ..for os x is invisible intel wifi ... BT working with no problem ... enjoy...

@corint1 I overclocked my cpu to 5ghz in the uefi setup and all, but when I run Geekbench, 99% of the time it's clocked under 5ghz during the bench. Know a way to tell apple to not down clock to oblivion?

Though I admit, I did some compiling on the system using all 12 threads and it was just flying (make -j12) and I should have looked at the hwmonitor for that... because it was flying while compiling :D

@corint1 I overclocked my cpu to 5ghz in the uefi setup and all, but when I run Geekbench, 99% of the time it's clocked under 5ghz during the bench. Know a way to tell apple to not down clock to oblivion?

Though I admit, I did some compiling on the system using all 12 threads and it was just flying (make -j12) and I should have looked at the hwmonitor for that... because it was flying while compiling :D
even I have overclocked it to 5ghz ... greekbench reads the bios processor type after the manufacturer's id and puts its default settings ... unfortunately this is and we can not do anything to see the real value of the frequency...
do you use the intel power gadget to view the CPU usage percentage?
yes, rarely it reaches 100% ... only the temperature varies depending on the CPU usage

Back