Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started from scratch and now everything is working! Last thing is the trim enable command. I saw it somewhere but can't remember... Can someone post the command? Thank you.

Last thing is the trim enable command. I saw it somewhere but can't remember... Can someone post the command? Thank you.

Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Or in Clover :

IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find 004150504C452053534400
Replace 0000000000000000000000
Trim Patch

Does it matter which one I do? Thanks.

I use the
Code:
sudo trimforce enable
Then I don't have to modify the config.plist file.

I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:
I still can't get my Samsung 960 Evo 500gb m.2 drive to show up in diskutil when booting from my USB. :/

I put the patched kext HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext into /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and still no luck. Any ideas?

So just about everything works for me except wake up from sleep. It turns on my computer but then I have two black screens.

I re-installed Codec Commander kext to the latest version. Added the darkwake=0 flag and ran "
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0"

I also checked on the SSDT's for my nvme drive and motherboard:

3:601 0:000 === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
3:601 0:000 Start: Processing Patched AML(s): Unsorted
3:601 0:000 Inserting SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:606 0:005 Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:611 0:005 End: Processing Patched AML(s)

But I still get the black screen after trying to wake up. Any ideas?

I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:
Hey, Stork! Do you have an updated version of this guide for M.2 on 10.12.3??
Hitting a wall here, total noob BTW. I can boot from the drive, but not sure if it'll boot without the USB installed. Please help.

Hey, Stork! Do you have an updated version of this guide for M.2 on 10.12.3??
Hitting a wall here, total noob BTW. I can boot from the drive, but not sure if it'll boot without the USB installed. Please help.
See my OP (Post #1) as I try to keep that current.

What is the best Darkwake mode for this mobo?

I use darkwake=0 I think I have issues.

I left the computer on for 5 days came back display was asleep. Then couldn't boot. Ran in verbose mode and OsxAptioFix2Drv gave an error so I ran in safe mode and "upgraded" with latest clover and the issue went away (clover update OsxAptioFix2Drv).

Im trying to figure out why this happened did OsxAptioFix2Drv become corrupt? Am I using wrong darkwake? Maybe I should disable it since I'm not using sleep mode anyway.

What is the best Darkwake mode for this mobo?

I use darkwake=0 I think I have issues.

I left the computer on for 5 days came back display was asleep. Then couldn't boot. Ran in verbose mode and OsxAptioFix2Drv gave an error so I ran in safe mode and "upgraded" with latest clover and the issue went away (clover update OsxAptioFix2Drv).

Im trying to figure out why this happened did OsxAptioFix2Drv become corrupt? Am I using wrong darkwake? Maybe I should disable it since I'm not using sleep mode anyway.
Try = 1, if not then try another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back