Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Hi i`m new here und i would really appreciate if you help me.

I have a few questions.
First is my setup ok?
I want an OS X and an Windows on the PC. Should i fist install OS X and then add Windows via BootCamp or should i install both standalone? (I have the Magic Trackpad, should be much easier to get it working via BootCamp)
What will work what will not work? I heard that the integrated Wifi-BT Card wount work complete (only BT). Anything else? Sound, USB Ports, iMessage, AppStore etc?

Yesterday i was able to install OS X with the following parameters "-x -v PCIRootUID=1 -no-zp".
But just with the onboard Graphics and only one RAM.

I want a new Installion with the GTX 750 Ti and both RAMs. But with that the installion will stop.

My Specs:
Board: GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU: i5-4440
Graphics: Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR-1600
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Thanks and sorry for my bad english
Yes, your system components look OK. However, make sure your memory is on both the Gigabyte H97N Memory Support List and Crucial's motherboard support list. Check also that your power supply is rated Haswell "ready" or "compatible." Both of these items can contribute to what's known as the Haswell freeze.

Since you have a PC compatible system, there is no need to use Boot Camp. See this tonymacx86 Forum section for how to have a multi boot system: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/

Install Yosemite w/o the graphics card as the 750 Ti is not yet natively supported. My guide will help you install Yosemite using your on-board graphics. Then, once you have Yosemite successfully running, then follow my guide to install the 750 Ti like I did. BTW, you don't need to use those boot flags when you install Yosemite using the on-board graphics.

Good Luck! ...and welcome to the tonymacx86 Forum! :thumbup:

Yes, your system components look OK. However, make sure your memory is on both the Gigabyte H97N Memory Support List and Crucial's motherboard support list. Check also that your power supply is rated Haswell "ready" or "compatible." Both of these items can contribute to what's known as the Haswell freeze.

Since you have a PC compatible system, there is no need to use Boot Camp. See this tonymacx86 Forum section for how to have a multi boot system: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/

Install Yosemite w/o the graphics card as the 750 Ti is not yet natively supported. My guide will help you install Yosemite using your on-board graphics. Then, once you have Yosemite successfully running, then follow my guide to install the 750 Ti like I did. BTW, you don't need to use those boot flags when you install Yosemite using the on-board graphics.

Good Luck! ...and welcome to the tonymacx86 Forum! :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply.
i tried to install the graphic card after the installation like you did but the nvidia web driver says its not compatible with with system. And i cant boot with the card.

Thanks for your reply.
i tried to install the graphic card after the installation like you did but the nvidia web driver says its not compatible with with system. And i cant boot with the card.
The latest nVidia Web driver is only compatible with 10.10.2, and you must use a System Definition of Mac Pro 3,1 to install the driver. You can change your SysDef to something else after you install the Web driver.

Did you ever find a fix for the Logitech K760 keyboard?
I have the same problem. I assembeled a BCM94360CS2 Wifi AC and Bluetooth 4.0 card and the Magic Mouse works but not the Logitech K760 keyboard.
The WiFi works great.

Did you ever find a fix for the Logitech K760 keyboard?
I have the same problem. I assembeled a BCM94360CS2 Wifi AC and Bluetooth 4.0 card and the Magic Mouse works but not the Logitech K760 keyboard.
The WiFi works great.
Yes, I had to use another BT definition key (F3 actually) to get it working with Hector's iMac WiFi/BT 4 card. So, BT key 1 is for my BT USB dongle on my monitor's USB hub (and KVM switch with other systems), BT key 2 is for my 2010 Mac Pro and BT key 3 is for Hector.

First off I would like to thank you for your guides and all the work you have done. I bought alot of my gear based around what you have (i5-4690/gigabyte z97h wifi/GTX980). With that said I was wondering if you have had any experience with setting up imessage in yosemite. According to all the guides out there, chimera has a generally hard time setting up imessage and was wondering if you had any plans to do a clover guide with the same build that you have.

As you can tell I am really new to this and any help will be greatly appreciated.

thx. Finally i got it work!
Butthe sound doesnt work. Frontpanel neither backpanel...:problem::problem:

First off I would like to thank you for your guides and all the work you have done. I bought alot of my gear based around what you have (i5-4690/gigabyte z97h wifi/GTX980). With that said I was wondering if you have had any experience with setting up imessage in yosemite. According to all the guides out there, chimera has a generally hard time setting up imessage and was wondering if you had any plans to do a clover guide with the same build that you have.

As you can tell I am really new to this and any help will be greatly appreciated.
iMessage works for me using Chimera. I recommend JayMonkey's http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html Guide.

thx. Finally i got it work!
Butthe sound doesnt work. Frontpanel neither backpanel...:problem::problem:
Yosemite has changed the default audio output settings from previous versions of OS X. See my post here. The MultiBeast for Yosemite audio drivers work when you set the Sound System Preference pane according to the way Yosemite setups audio.

hahaha, yea I might not be smart enough yet to do that. :beachball:
Are you using 10.10?

hahaha, yea I might not be smart enough yet to do that. :beachball:
Are you using 10.10?
Yes, as I wrote in the first post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back