Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Hi Stork,
Yesterday I built my computer with the following specifications:
-H97N-wifi motherboard
-Intel I5-4690
-Intel graphics (HD4600)
-Ram: Crucial 8GB PC3-12800 kit

I have carefully followed your guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html) , but I'm stuck at a certain point.

I first made the Unibeast thumb drive and placed the kext utillity, the kext and the graphics patch on it.
Then I connected the monitor with the HDMI port.

Then I updated the BIOS to the latest version (F4) and followed all the steps (the only thing I could not find was the IGPX, in my settings is only mentioned a IGFX setting)

Then I boot from the thumb drive (with the boot flag maxmem=4096) and the apple logo appeared with the spinning wheel.
The wheel spins for a minute and then suddenly there is no signal on the monitor. The computer continues to run, but there's just no video signal on the screen :crazy:.
I've already tried using the DVI port but then just the same happened.

What do you think is the problem?

Hi there ! Have you had any luck ater this?

Im having the same issue with a build I just made following CustoMac Mini guide, but after being so hard to find the H87N , I followed Octobers Guide and bought a H97N just like yours, and Im stuck at the same part.
Even applying those settings for Onboard Graphics I get the same :S

Hi Stork,
Yesterday I built my computer with the following specifications:
-H97N-wifi motherboard
-Intel I5-4690
-Intel graphics (HD4600)
-Ram: Crucial 8GB PC3-12800 kit

I have carefully followed your guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html) , but I'm stuck at a certain point.

I first made the Unibeast thumb drive and placed the kext utillity, the kext and the graphics patch on it.
Then I connected the monitor with the HDMI port.

Then I updated the BIOS to the latest version (F4) and followed all the steps (the only thing I could not find was the IGPX, in my settings is only mentioned a IGFX setting)

Then I boot from the thumb drive (with the boot flag maxmem=4096) and the apple logo appeared with the spinning wheel.
The wheel spins for a minute and then suddenly there is no signal on the monitor. The computer continues to run, but there's just no video signal on the screen :crazy:.
I've already tried using the DVI port but then just the same happened.

What do you think is the problem?

Hi there ! Have you had any luck ater this?

Im having the same issue with a build I just made following CustoMac Mini guide, but after being so hard to find the H87N , I followed Octobers Guide and bought a H97N just like yours, and Im stuck at the same part.
Even applying those settings for Onboard Graphics I get the same :S
First, make sure you have following the Guide's BIOS settings, especially for enabling on-board parameters:
:ch: Peripherals > Initial Display Output > IGFX <--- make sure on-board graphics is enabled
:ch: Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Enable <--- likewise, make sure this is enabled​

Then, use -v maxmem=4096 to boot into the installer.

Finally, make sure you use MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5.0 or greater.

First, make sure you have following the Guide's BIOS settings, especially for enabling on-board parameters:
:ch: Peripherals > Initial Display Output > IGFX <--- make sure on-board graphics is enabled
:ch: Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Enable <--- likewise, make sure this is enabled​

Then, use -v maxmem=4096 to boot into the installer.

Finally, make sure you use MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5.0 or greater.

Thanks Stork! Thank you for your help, I've applied all the BIOS setting like you said and finally tried what I read in other posts and used this flags IGPEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 and it took me to the installer, managed to install Mavericks but now I can not boot, I tried the same flags to boot from "Mavericks" sometimes adding -x and -v and even only -x and nothing works, any idea? :S

Hello, Stork!
I have same config and can't solve problem (have error before entering to Mavericks install)
U can see the problem(ERORR log -v) on the black picture

Im following all your settings in BIOS, but one of this i can`t find:

" M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1 for memory not recognized with the Default setting; "

i can't find it in my BIOS Settings
i have only this (see pictures)

My config is
GA-Z97N-WiFi
i7 4770K (internal video)
1x4gb Curcial 1600mhz
Intel SSD 530 240gb

HELP ME PLZ, if YOU can...

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 332
  • problm.jpg
    problm.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 282

First, make sure you memory is on the the Z97N's memory support list. If it is, the BIOS is probably recognizing the memory and doesn't bother displaying the X.M.P. parameter.

Lastly, follow my Early Adopter's Guide, step-by-step; I put check boxes in the guide so you can copy and paste in to a text editor, print it out and literally check off each step. (Your picture has a generic KP output, and, unfortunately, it doesn't help determine the cause.)

Stumbled upon this thread, and the title 'entry level" and "i5" didn't quite match... I guess we have different opinions about what is entry level...!
The write up is extremely nice, thanks, it's a joy to read.
I'm currently slowly getting all my systems upgraded to Yosemite. Guess I will post new user builds on them as I tend to not upgrade but do clean installs, maybe a thing from the past (windows) but I normally prefer it.

Entry level? i5 ? Really? :D
But I agree for most of it, as I see no use in i3's bar for a laptop system... sorry, but when you run anything like Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, iMovie, FCP etc... you can but you need a good gfx card but well... that won't benefit you in other things,

Thanks Stork!

:lol: :lol: DarfWeder, I guess it's about where you're coming from...as I said in the title (Stork's Entry Level...) and the first sentence in the comments ("This is my entry level, general purpose computer for my household use."), the title and description is from my perspective. Now that I think about it...from others perspectives, this could be an entry level gaming system or for use with other more rigorous applications than surfing the web or word processing or simple budget tracking.

I will eventually add a graphics card, like a Gigabyte 750 Ti, and continue to use the Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC) until Apple releases it's next generation Airport Base Station 11AC wireless router at which time I will look to replace the Gigabyte WiFi/BT 4.0 with a WiFi/BT 4.0 card like the AzureWave AW-CE123H miniPCIe Wireless/BT 4.0 card.

Just as a note to readers, I have not updated to Yosemite, other than to test it. I don't move my production systems to the next version of the operating system until updates .3 or even .4 are release to ensure all the major bugs (including security bugs) are fixed.

I got OS X Yosemite running perfectly on my first build that's meant to be a Mac Pro replica - didn't have to use any boot flags! Although I am using a GT740.

I have one question: Will a full size PCIe wifi card (such as the Rosewill N900PCE that I have bought) fit in the H97N's socket? Because I couldn't get the built in Intel 7260AC running.

I got OS X Yosemite running perfectly on my first build that's meant to be a Mac Pro replica - didn't have to use any boot flags! Although I am using a GT740.

I have one question: Will a full size PCIe wifi card (such as the Rosewill N900PCE that I have bought) fit in the H97N's socket? Because I couldn't get the built in Intel 7260AC running.
The Rosewill N900 WiFi card will work fine. You'll have to give up your 740 graphics card because the H97N only has one PCIe slot and use HD4600. If you don't want to give up your 740, see my discussion in the first post in this thread on the use of an entry level 11ac USB 3 WiFi dongle or replacing the GA supplied WiFi/BT miniPCIe card with a compatible card.

The Rosewill N900 WiFi card will work fine. You'll have to give up your 740 graphics card because the H97N only has one PCIe slot and use HD4600. If you don't want to give up your 740, see my discussion in the first post in this thread on the use of an entry level 11ac USB 3 WiFi dongle or replacing the GA supplied WiFi/BT miniPCIe card with a compatible card.

Could you please recommend me a good MiniPCIE wifi card that is hackintosh compatible? It should be under $40 and 802.11AC is preferred, although N is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back