Contribute
Register

Stork 1st Hackintosh - GA-P55M-UD2 & TonyMacX86Basic System

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should. I don't see why not, since the Nvidia is not needed for the 9800GT. Check out the MultiBeast Configuration thread (link in my Signature Block) as I asked Tony about it there.

My problem MIGHT have been not having the userdsdt on the desktop... I didn't use the DSDT database last time, and used those settings, had to reformat all over again.

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm pretty stinking new at this. After looking at that thread (I stumbled upon it right before I checked this thread), I feel more confident now that I have the DSDT for my MOBO.

I'll let you know how this goes after I'm done :)

Thanks for the response.

so I did it, and the keyboard and network are functioning (for now, haha)

I still can't figure out the issue with getting my graphics card to be recognized.

Right now it's showing up as:

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 32 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0614
Revision ID: 0x00a2
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

It's a Zotac Geforce 9800GT.

I have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No... My com.apple.boot.plist looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Anything I'm missing?

The com.apple.boot.plist looks OK.

Does everything else work OK? If so, don't worry about it not showing up in the System Profiler. It's cosmetic anyway since the rest of your graphics card information is the same as mine.

Have you Repaired Permissions after having all this fun? If not, use the Disk Utility to repair permissions on your drive. I do this religiously before and after OS updates and major application installs.

as far as I can tell everything works okay? and I haven't repaired permissions, I'll need to do that - what exactly does it do though?

I get my keyboard and mouse, sound, ethernet... just no graphics... so no flash, or video intensive programs, and 1024x768 resolution :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm getting a custombeast made... and I have a GTX 460 coming too... so we'll see what happens?

I though this card worked on similar builds though... I've seen it around. So frustrating.

Anyone familiar with Kexts.com? Do they have any reliable programs there to help?

Not that I'm aware of. Apple has supported the 9800gt for a long time. Yours must not be true to what they call the "Reference Design." Check out the Graphics 101 thread in the Graphics forum section.

can't find the thread... Hoping my new Asus GTX460 solves this problem when it comes in...

Hello

@Stork, I have a hackintosh like the first version of your machine.

GA-P55M-UD2 (Version 1.1) , i7 860, EVGA 9800GT (Dual DVI)...

Well, the problem I have is that after installing the multibeast restarts and booting, after the gray Apple screen, goes black.

You know you can be?

I tried several options multibeast, and nothing. I took the DSDT on my motherboard (Bios F11) and I is the same.

I connected my 9800gt with a HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI converter, it can be for this?

Sorry for my English. I am Spanish

samnstag said:
Hello

Well, the problem I have is that after installing the multibeast restarts and booting, after the gray Apple screen, goes black.

You know you can be?

I ran into the same issue. It has to do with which port of the video card 'becomes active'?
How many connectors do you have at the back of the graphics card? Try each one of them.

Mine ( gt420) did not work when I used the hdmi port but the dvi port
Using two monitors I use the hdmi and the vga port, the dvi does not work in this setup.
So I cannot find any logic nor any options to change it.

samnstag said:
...I connected my 9800gt with a HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI converter, it can be for this?...
Only the DVI and VGA ports work. The HDMI does not work with most monitors and none of the HDTVs because nVidia did not implemented the HDMI handshaking in the firmware. I have confirmed that the HDMI connection does not work by connecting it to my Dell via my HDMI. No joy.

For graphics cards compatibility, check out the graphics hardware section in the Forum's Wiki. See Resources pull down menu, top, right of this page for the link to the Wiki. You can also use the Forum's Search to find posts & threads discussing the 9800gt HDMI issue. It's a well known problem.

You're English is VG. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back