Motherboard
Gigabyte Q77M-D2H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I have 2x SSD for dual boot (ML & WIN 7), recently I've added new WD Green Caviar 1TB as storage HDD, formatted to exFAT, so that I can read & write on each of OS.

Everything was ok for a while, I've downloaded a lot of music in FLAC, listening to it on both OS, some movies, etc...
Today morning I've started WIN 7, and got error message about drive, that it can't be red. Booted to ML, same error, HDD has no file system, so looks like all data are lost(happened to me for the first time :( )

I've tried to search some topics on this forum, many people had problem with WD, especially with Green Caviar, but only as boot drive, as storage drive there should be no problem.

So did I something wrong? How can I set storage drive properly, so that this issue won't happen again?

I've been thinking of doing the same thing you did but exFAT is not ready for prime time. Look at all these previous posts and all the issues that have already been reported. http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=exFAT

But, the clouds are parting. Some users are having better luck than others and exFAT might yet be what we are waiting for - a universal disk format that can be read by OSX, Windows and Linux.

For me, I wait and depend on Tuxera NTFS for my shared info. :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back