CPU
Intel i3 -4360
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, this is probably an easy fix, I just havent been able to find how to do it.

I just finished installing ubuntu 14.04lts, so now I have El Captian and ubuntu on this computer. However, ubunutu has decided it wants to autoboot.

How can I stop it autobooting and just boot into the clover bootloader so I can select which one I want.

Thanks

Hey, this is probably an easy fix, I just havent been able to find how to do it.

I just finished installing ubuntu 14.04lts, so now I have El Captian and ubuntu on this computer. However, ubunutu has decided it wants to autoboot.

How can I stop it autobooting and just boot into the clover bootloader so I can select which one I want.

Thanks
Same drive or separate drives? If separate, boot to UEFI and make the OS X drive first in drive boot order.

Go to your BIOS and change the boot order.

Otherwise, if you used UEFI to install OSX you probably will want Ubuntu to install in UEFI, too.

You can change the timeout of the GRUB loader so that it can wait longer for you to select your OS once you add OSX to the boot order in GRUB.

And since you have installed Ubuntu 14.04LTS (I love MATE, I hate Gnome3; ymmv.) then you can now install CAIRO-DOCK, install a nice icon set like Breathe, and maybe some nice Window controls like GlossyP, GlossyP2, LiNsta-GTK2, MacLin_GTK_v0.4, mac-osx-controls, mac-osx-windows, MetaTivo, SmoothS, tish, tish-ubuntulooks. Don't forget to install KODI while you're at it. :D

I did it next way (el capitan/mint 18):
1) Boot in linux in terminal: sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"
2) Probably nothing will change on first look, but on restart you can choose necessary entry (F9 on my hp). Boot linux and do: sudo efibootmgr. You will see order of entries in BootOrder, like ubuntu: 0004, clover:0001. Then you should do: sudo efibootmgr -o "number", where number is number of clover entry. In our example it should be: sudo efibootmgr -o 1. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back