Contribute
Register

Still waiting root device in ML (Z86X-UD3H-B3 F12 + i5 2500k + 16GB RAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 // U1L(UEFI BIOS)
CPU
INTEL CORE i5 2500K 3.3Ghz
Graphics
GA AMD RADEON HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have deleted my partition and I've installed ML in it. It boots perfectly from Unibeast USB, but when installing Multibeast + my DSDT's (Z68X-UD3H-B3-F12) and the bootloader, it doesn't boot any more. And when booting in verbose mode, it says "still waiting root device"! How can I solve this without deleting the whole disk and creating partitions again, installating first ML?

Here you can see a video on booting from unibeast usb in verbose mode. It's not HQ but at least you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0rt7c5a9w3earu/IMG_0877.MOV

hm

it looks like that click on graphics on mulitibeast try not to touch the graphics option and install dsdt ...ect. because when you do that you will stuck at the HOld the power to restart. and will not boot back to ML. that is what happened to me and took me damn 10 min of time to figure that out

I haven't installed any graphics with Multibeast, I've got the ATI RADEON HD 6850. The graphics are ok ;), I don't think this might be the problem, I think the problem goes on partitions and else. thxxx

Try adding this attached kext to your Mountain Lion installation with KextBeast:

Attachments

• IOATAFamily.kext.zip
    350.1 KB · Views: 171
Normally, waiting for root device is happening on motherboards that don't support setting of C-State configuration by blocking access to Model Specific Register (0xE2). A new AppleIntelCPUPowerMgt kext will solve this.
Another reason for favoring Gigabyte....
Don't get me wrong, I have built many (PC) system with Asus mobos and they are sweet. But if you want to try to run Hackintosh and stay very close to what Apple does, Gigabyte has a definite edge. That said, a PC just ain't a MAC hardwarewise and some bypasses and solutions are needed to make it all work.

You can read more about your mobos problem on Insanelymac, where there is a thread on Speedstepper by flAked
here SpeedStepper - InsanelyMac Forum

I'm just in awe when I see people doing these things as I know what is needed to get all that insight.

i had the same issue, it was because i had another drive with lion installed. even after deleting that drive i still had the issue. no boot flags worked except safe mode. required reinstalling ML. good luck.

Same here. Installation is fine, after rebooting with installed Multibeast features (DSDT, AppleRTC & FakeSMC) the boot process hangs after detecting the network device with "still waiting for root device" message. No bootloader option helps, I've tried them all in several steps.

Hardware: Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10 & i2500k (Intel 3000HD)

i had the same issue, it was because i had another drive with lion installed. even after deleting that drive i still had the issue. no boot flags worked except safe mode. required reinstalling ML. good luck.

I have (a fine working) Lion on another disk installed too. To clearify your quote: After removing the Lion disk installing a fresh Mountain Lion copy to an empty partition solved the "still waiting for root device" issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back