Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Mountain Lion successfully through Unibeast. After restarting the system, it stops at an Apple with a Stop Sign and an infinite spinning wheel. After checking up on this with -v, it states that the system is "still watiing for root drive"

I've tried everything imaginable, from -x and PCIRootUID=0/1, etc

The one solution I'm not sure how to implement is the InsanelyMac patch from bcc9
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...he-used-only-with-some-disks-fix/page__st__60

There's a patch that I downloaded after launching Safari from Terminal in Unibeast, but I have zero idea how to actually run the script in Terminal in Unibeast.

Any solutions and similar experiences are appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!

I installed Mountain Lion successfully through Unibeast. After restarting the system, it stops at an Apple with a Stop Sign and an infinite spinning wheel. After checking up on this with -v, it states that the system is "still watiing for root drive"

I've tried everything imaginable, from -x and PCIRootUID=0/1, etc

The one solution I'm not sure how to implement is the insanlynac patch from bcc9
http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/top...he-used-only-with-some-disks-fix/page__st__60

There's a patch that I downloaded after launching Safari from Terminal in Unibeast, but I have zero idea how to actually run the script in Terminal in Unibeast.

Any solutions and similar experiences are appreciated!

JustinisaLAI

Have you tried to boot w the -f switch like this -v -f

Also what version of LION do you have installed and or was on the version of the USB drive
did you do an update to the base OS or not.

JustinisaLAI

Have you tried to boot w the -f switch like this -v -f

Also what version of LION do you have installed and or was on the version of the USB drive
did you do an update to the base OS or not.

yes, i have tried -f

This was the base version, 10.8.0 on the USB drive
Like I said, I have yet to get to the actual OS despite installing successfully. I simply cannot boot in to it without receiving the "still waiting for root drive"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back