Contribute
Register

'Still waiting for root device'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've pretty much done it now, could have just been a program/installation attempt that kept crashing it. It seems fine now. Do I need to make a guide or give any information on what I did for future users?

It's up to you.....

I do not have Ethernet or sound, however though. Though it's a post-installation problem now. I don't think my sound card is compatible, but ethernet was working on a past installation, it doesn't even show up on the settings now though?

Which Audio Codec you have??

Identify the Ethernet adapter details with DPCIManger (Check under PCIList), then try to find and install appropriate kext.

I'll do a write up of what I did then, after I determine whether these other issues have solutions.

I'm not sure what audio codec I have, when I boot into windows and look at sounds, it just says 'High definition audio', when I look at the manufacturer, Microsoft.

Ethernet: it says to use the 'AppleRTL8169Ethernet' kext, which I have installed already. It still doesn't show up in network.

It's also crashing now and again, nothing pops up on the screen, it just completely freezes, time doesn't move.

Edit: I reinstalled it, ethernet works now. Installing VoodooHDA causes kernel panics.
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 08.01.44.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-24 at 08.02.05.png

I'll do a write up of what I did then, after I determine whether these other issues have solutions.

I'm not sure what audio codec I have, when I boot into windows and look at sounds, it just says 'High definition audio', when I look at the manufacturer, Microsoft.

Ethernet: it says to use the 'AppleRTL8169Ethernet' kext, which I have installed already. It still doesn't show up in network.

It's also crashing now and again, nothing pops up on the screen, it just completely freezes, time doesn't move.

Edit: I reinstalled it, ethernet works now. Installing VoodooHDA causes kernel panics.
View attachment 144907View attachment 144908

Then stay away from VoodooHDA.kext.

If you have a Linux/Ubuntu Live boot CD/DVD then boot with it (Live Boot does not requires installation).

Once you reached the desktop, open terminal and run the below command on it. So you will get one .zip on your Desktop. The zip file contains .txt files and most probably you can find your audio codec details from that files.

Code:
cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c//*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f////-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump

If the kext for your codec is not available on this forum/multibeast/internet then try to patch Apple HDA for your code by yourself. You can search in google with keyword "applehda patch guide" for finding the guides.

Thank you so much for that, I have Realtek ALC662. Looking for kexts now.

For the ethernet, I lose it completely after using Multibeast. I don't install any network kexts since I already had internet.

Basically, I did a fresh installation of Yosemite 10.10, patched kernel, booted up Yosemite 10.10 with the flags dart=0 and IGPEnabler=Yes, then I load up the Multibeast settings (seen in a previous post, the ones you suggested, nothing more), after rebooting, I no longer have that ethernet connection acknowledged.

That's because you were booting using the Unibeast USB which has various ethernet drivers in /Extra/Extensions. But when you boot directly from your HDD, you have only the drivers you installed via Multibeast (and all the stock OS X drivers, of course). So, you must install ethernet drivers from Multibeast which depends on exactly what hardware you have for ethernet on your motherboard (Atheros?).

Will install drivers now. Edit: Ethernet works beautifully now.

For the ethernet, I lose it completely after using Multibeast. I don't install any network kexts since I already had internet.

Basically, I did a fresh installation of Yosemite 10.10, patched kernel, booted up Yosemite 10.10 with the flags dart=0 and IGPEnabler=Yes, then I load up the Multibeast settings (seen in a previous post, the ones you suggested, nothing more), after rebooting, I no longer have that ethernet connection acknowledged.

I had only mentioned the MultiBeast selections which all are required for successful booting, means not included any selection for Audio/Ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back