Contribute
Register

'Still waiting for root device'

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 144635

No bootable device still. It doesn't say, but I can ensure you that I installed them on the 'Macintosh HD' harddisk.

Follow the guide which i have mentioned on post#5

Edit: it still only boots up into safemode. Says "-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

Image coming soon.

Most probably graphics issue. As you are booting from USB try booting with "dart=0 IGPEnabler=Yes -f -v"

I followed the guide in post 5 but it's still not being recognised as a bootable drive.

When I boot from USB, it boots up with those flags you suggested.

My BIOS is P11.BO and my HD is 2TB in size.

I followed the guide in post 5 but it's still not being recognised as a bootable drive.

When I boot from USB, it boots up with those flags you suggested.

My BIOS is P11.BO and my HD is 2TB in size.

Try this too : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Is the BIOS running with latest firmware?? If not update it to the latest and check booting.

If your BIOS failing to boot after following these, then you may have to switch to clover.

Note:-Disk/partition identifier can find using command "diskutil list"

Aha, I updated/reflashed the BIOS. The BIOS installed originally was the retail version, upon updating, I had the boot0 error, which I fixed by following the guide, and now it's all running smoothly.

I installed multibeast with the kexts you suggested last time, the exact ones, but I'm getting this now:
IMG_1307.jpg

I'm curious on how you know where the problem is based on that, is there some way to tell/a lookup that I could use?

Aha, I updated/reflashed the BIOS. The BIOS installed originally was the retail version, upon updating, I had the boot0 error, which I fixed by following the guide, and now it's all running smoothly.

I installed multibeast with the kexts you suggested last time, the exact ones, but I'm getting this now:
View attachment 144737

I'm curious on how you know where the problem is based on that, is there some way to tell/a lookup that I could use?

Be aware that when you flash the BIOS it (usually) resets to defaults, you should select optimised defaults then make any necessary adjustments.

Your screen appears to show a graphics issue, the 'sound assertion' stuff can be ignored.

In addition to the above post,

Set the IGPU RAM as 64MB On BIOS.
Disable Vt-D on BIOS.

If you are unable to find Vt-D on BIOS, then boot with "dart=0 -f -v"

If you disabled VT-D on BIOS then boot with "-f -v"

I made 2 post attempts yesterday, but they both got deleted because they were too long?

It was the VT-D that was the issue, running the flag dart=0 fixed it. I added that flag to the chameleon.plist, whether that was the right thing to do, not sure.

I also found this http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html and I've applied them.

It now crashes ~1 min after booting. It no longer does this.

I made 2 post attempts yesterday, but they both got deleted because they were too long?

Your posts were not too long :

Rules said:
Any posts or links to sites or content that violates tonymacx86 rules as defined on this page will be removed

It was the VT-D that was the issue, running the flag dart=0 fixed it. I added that flag to the chameleon.plist, whether that was the right thing to do, not sure.

I also found this http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html and I've applied them.

HD4600 have native support from Yosemite, only required IGPEnabler=Yes from MultiBeast(Included in basic boot option). No need of any extra things.

It now crashes ~1 min after booting. It no longer does this.

Is the crash happening with messages on screen??

I think I've pretty much done it now, could have just been a program/installation attempt that kept crashing it. It seems fine now. Do I need to make a guide or give any information on what I did for future users?

I do not have Ethernet or sound, however though. Though it's a post-installation problem now. I don't think my sound card is compatible, but ethernet was working on a past installation, it doesn't even show up on the settings now though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back