Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Still waiting for root device problem (solved):
Seems like a common problem, I have tried different USB ports, specifically USB 2.0 ones.

Now for a bit of information;
Task: trying to install Yosemite 10.10 onto my PC.

PC: Retail Acer Aspire XC-605
CPU: Intel i5-4440
GPU: Intel HD 4600

Other information:
I'm using Unibeast 5.2.0.
I have patched the kernel of the bootable USB.
I have tried the safemode flag, along with npci=0x3000, npci=0x2000, dart=0, but to be honest, I don't really have an idea what most of those flags even do, only -v and -x.

When I created the bootable usb, I made it a legacy usb.

Am I lacking any information?

Thanks, in advance, for any help, I've been trying for 6 hours now, taking a break so I most likely won't be able to respond until much late.

Edit: who can sleep with so much frustration eh. I've resolved it.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...stall-frozen-loading-gray-apple-screen-2.html

"dart=0 USBBusFix=Yes -f -v" Those flags.
I actually reflashed my USB and made it not legacy usb support.

New problem:
I can only boot in safe mode, otherwise I get this 'panic(cpu 1 caller etc...'

I am also unable to boot from the HDD, my bios isn't detecting it as a bootable device, probably because my bios can only detect MBR devices (as evidently proven initially during my 1st attempt of the creation of the USB).

Both, I have tried to find solutions but I couldn't find any luck, most were using the Clover method.

Any help if greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
[SOLVED] 'Still waiting for root device'

Sorry, bump with a new problem x2

[SOLVED] 'Still waiting for root device'

New problem:
I can only boot in safe mode, otherwise I get this 'panic(cpu 1 caller etc...'

Post a photo of the entire screen after booting with -v

I am also unable to boot from the HDD, my bios isn't detecting it as a bootable device, probably because my bios can only detect MBR devices (as evidently proven initially during my 1st attempt of the creation of the USB).

Both, I have tried to find solutions but I couldn't find any luck, most were using the Clover method.

Any help if greatly appreciated.

Have you installed MultiBeast?? If Yes, with which options??

What is happening after installation of MB and reboot??

Thanks for the quick response and apologies for my slow response.
IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1293.jpg

I have also used MB, I selected the DSDT free defaults.

Edit:
Here is a another (better?) photo:
IMG_1299.jpg

More information: my PC is connected to the monitor via HDMI. I am also booting up via the bootable USB, currently there is nothing bootable from my HDD, according to my bios.

Thanks for the quick response and apologies for my slow response.
View attachment 144557
View attachment 144558

I have also used MB, I selected the DSDT free defaults.

Edit:
Here is a another (better?) photo:
View attachment 144559

More information: my PC is connected to the monitor via HDMI. I am also booting up via the bootable USB, currently there is nothing bootable from my HDD, according to my bios.

Why you installed VoodooHDA.kext?? Seems like that is making the issue.

Better reinstall OS X and post the multibeast selctions here before proceeding with its installation.

If your BIOS failing to boot from HDD after Chimera installation from MultiBeast, then try this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I've reinstalled it. I installed basic boot options from MB and then I get errors. What exactly do I need from multibeast? A lot of those drivers seem incompatible with my system anyway...

At the moment, I have a cleanly installed copy on my HDD. I believe I should install basic boot options along with FakeSMC?

As for booting before bios, I'm okay with my USB handling the bootloader for now, I can install it to the EFI drive later, thanks for the link.

At the moment, I have a cleanly installed copy on my HDD. I believe I should install basic boot options along with FakeSMC?

With only FakeSMC.kext and Basic Boot Options it is unable to boot the system. You have to install Chimera boot loader too.

Before clicking install you will overall selection summary on multibeast. Just attach a photo/screenshot of the summary page before clicking install.

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 05.46.40.png

Thanks for sticking with me.

View attachment 144631

Thanks for sticking with me.

Select below options too,
Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,1 (Automatically MacPro3,1 will deselect)

Deselect the below option from your current selection.
Generate CPU States
UseKernelCache

Then install it and check booting from your HDD.

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 05.57.48.png

No bootable device still. It doesn't say, but I can ensure you that I installed them on the 'Macintosh HD' harddisk.

Edit: it still only boots up into safemode. Says "-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

Image coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back