Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After a very successful installation on my Gigabyte computer I tried to install it on my Dell XPS 630i but all I get is the dreadful "Still waiting for root device"

Dell has a very basic bios with hardly and adjustments.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Friend, when I received this error was because my HD was not in AHCI mode, you've made this change in the BIOS?

Good Luck.

LuccaMacDs said:
Friend, when I received this error was because my HD was not in AHCI mode, you've made this change in the BIOS?

Good Luck.

Unfortunately there no way to change into that in Dell's crappy Bios

Finmar01 said:
or you should use an external device...
I'm planning on trying to hook up an IDE HD, that should bypass the error message

pederb said:
Finmar01 said:
I'm planning on trying to hook up an IDE HD, that should bypass the error message
Did not help either, I was hoping that it would see the IDE drive and continue, but I was wrong I guess.

PS For all you how are worried about my signature, I still have that rig and love it

pederb said:
pederb said:
Finmar01 said:
Did not help either, I was hoping that it would see the IDE drive and continue, but I was wrong I guess.

PS For all you how are worried about my signature, I still have that rig and love it
The motherboard in your signature doesn't exist.

What do you really have? GA-P55M-UD2? GA-P55M-UD4? Or a GA-P55-UD3?

I guess there is no way to install OSX on a Dell XPS 630i :(

Dell has such a restricted BIOS, I'm able to clock the CPU but not to change the mode?

I might as well just buy a genuine mac, I dont want my xps anymore - I've totally fallen out of favour with it.

Boooo hoooooo

on some mobos if you can enable raid it will pick up hdd this has helped out some people here.hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back