Contribute
Register

Still waiting for root device Samsung NP350V5C Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I noticed that with my old appleframebuffercapri, the vram of my intel 4000 was 512mb, using appleframebuffercapri patched is 384MB. Solutions?

Your "old" appleframebuffercapri? Why did you change it at all? Did you reinstall or something?xD

With my old appleframebuffer capri the HDMI Audio doesn't work...

With my old appleframebuffer capri the HDMI Audio doesn't work...

Ahh, I see!

Yeah, 512MB is for if you have 8GB, as mentioned. I wish there was a way to change that. 512MB of graphics would be pretty nice. Surely leaving 5.5 Gb of System RAM free wouldn't cause many problems? Maybe time for a RAM upgrade...

Anyways, what do we all think of this Laptop? Your experiences?

Strange, first gave me 512mb of vram.
The only problems to be solved are:
1) stop (if I have a usb connected, the PC goes to sleep, but wake up a black screen. If there is no usb connected, turn off the monitor but the pc stays on)
2) disable gpu from dsdt. The battery life is about 3 hours, I would like to disable the gpu lowering fuel consumption and the use of the fan.
3) enable usb 3.0, right now I have all 4 ports 2.0

My considerations?
This notebook is great, never had a problem and mountain lion runs very well! My Geekbench is almost 12,000

Yeah, that is a little odd.

I don't have that sleep issue which you described.

You really want to disable the GPU? I've tried that out, and my battery life simply wasn't extended. I was still getting around the 3 hour mark (and it looked choppy as hell).

I have the same. 4 USB ports all running at 2.0 speeds. Doesn't bother me personally but I can see why it would be an annoyance. (But let me know if you find a fix xP).

I have the i3 version (don't judge :p) so my 32 Bit GeekBench is more like 5'500....

Getting an SSD for this thing soon though. Although this is unlikely to increase the GeekBench score, it'll sure make **** open faster.

I don't found any solutions to fix sleep's ploblem. i use artem's dsdt and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement... can you help me?

As for now, I have no idea about sleep. I can't seem to fix it D:

I place these kexts in E / E, but I have to eliminate the fees in S / L / E?
For the video card, this guide enables the monitor? or just makes me detect the GPU of the system?

Hi All,

I'm attempting to get this working on an Australian version of this notebook. I've managed to get ML installed fine, however I can only boot with safe mode enabled (-x) and GraphicsEnabler=No

I attempted to use multibeast to set it up, but got lost pretty quickly! (and ruined my install) I used to have a hackintosh Leopard install a few years ago, a lot has changed since then!

A couple of things, which are probably fairly basic:

• Most importantly, how can I get the machine to boot without safe mode? When running in verbose boot I notice issues with the power management components (I had to remove these from the UniBeast USB so I could boot the installer at all!). I'm thinking it's power management that's stopping me booting the actual install, how should I fix this? Sleep is important, however I'm happy to be without it if a solution isn't apparent yet
  • Sound would be nice, I'm sure it's pretty easy to get the speakers going but I've no idea what model sound card this laptop has. Is there a method to find out? I've got Windows 8 running on a second hard disk in the laptop so I can use that if it helps?
  • Enabling the HD4000 chip. I'm assuming I need to be applying GraphicsEnabler=yes at boot for this to work, however whenever I do it crashes almost immediately after leaving the boot loader

If anyone has hints I can follow to get this working it would be greatly appreciated! I've read through this thread and pretty much each linked thread from here and have an idea on what needs to be addressed, but I'm at a loss on how to get started with some of the basics which others seem to have working out of the box

Thanks heaps in advance!
Shambler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back