Contribute
Register

Still waiting for root device Samsung NP350V5C Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chaplinb,

I also would very much like to have instructions on how to install Hackintosh on a Samsung NP350V5C. It can only say how appreciative it will be you spending time to write up such document.

Thanks,

FS>

Hi forum, i have this problema when i try To boot: "apple bluetooth hci controller usb transport ERROR" and after soon "stile waiting for root device. How i could risolve It?

Help me

Hi Chaplinb,

I also would very much like to have instructions on how to install Hackintosh on a Samsung NP350V5C. It can only say how appreciative it will be you spending time to write up such document.

Thanks,

FS>

Alright guys, I'll write a guide when I get the chance. Expect to see it in the next few days, probably within a week!:D.
I'll be sure to let you know when it's published, it'll be in Mountain Lion Support thread.

As a little heads up, the only extra equipment you're gonna need is this little WiFi Dongle (Ralink 5370):
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/567378221/Ralink_5370_Mini_150Mbps_wireless_wifi.html

You're also gonna need a USB Mouse and Keyboard (only temporary, as there is an easy fix with MultiBeast).

Anyway, I'll get the guide up soon.

Hi.
You're working on sound HDMI? This is the only thing that worried me.
HD4000 works through dsdt. Speedstep works too, my processor 3210.

I have HDMI sound working. Instructions will be included in the guide.

For inclusion in the guide, may I request you send me, or direct me to the DSDT you're using? I feel with the use of this, I can make the guide more straight forward xD.

Cheers.

Hi forum, i have this problema when i try To boot: "apple bluetooth hci controller usb transport ERROR" and after soon "stile waiting for root device. How i could risolve It?

Help me

Hi tankamelo.

The "Still Waiting For Root Device" error is given when Mountain Lion boots and cannot find your Unibeast USB stick, if that makes sense (even though its already loaded files from it, weird eh?).

I won't give too much away before I write a guide, but I will say that in order to overcome this problem, you need to do the following:

When creating the unibeast drive on an existing mac, you need to have BOTH selection boxes ticked in the unibeast setup (you know where there's a "laptop support" check box and a "legacy USB" check box, tick both of them before install).

Then boot your unibeast as normal in the laptop and you'll reach the install screen :D.

Hi chaplinb! I have the same laptop. I would like to ask you how you have enabled USB 3.0 ports and HDMI audio. One other thing, which kexts you use for the battery, the ones I use are not very accurate. Thank you.

Hi chaplinb! I have the same laptop. I would like to ask you how you have enabled USB 3.0 ports and HDMI audio. One other thing, which kexts you use for the battery, the ones I use are not very accurate. Thank you.

Hi iakughan!

To enable USB 3 ports, you'll need to run multibeast, and install the "Legacy USB Support" option.

As far as HDMI Audio is concerned, it requires a little more time so I'll write up about it in the guide, which you can expect tonight, when I get back from collage :p.

Feel free to ask anymore questions, but they'll all be answered in the guide anyway so it might be better to wait :p.

Hi Chaplinb,
Thank you, very much looking forward instructions.
My DSDT

No problem dude!

May I ask what edits have been made to your supplied DSDT? Has anything been fixed that wouldn't work without the DSDT besides HD 4000 Graphics?

Cheers dude.

I look forward to your guide :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back