Contribute
Register

"Still waiting for root device" I have tried everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing some tests. I got "still waiting for..." in all of them.

With Shappire HD 6870
GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5 PciRoot=0 -x -v
and
npci=0x2000 -f -x -v

With Asus 8800GTX
GraphicsEnabler=No PciRoot=0 -x -v
and
GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 -f -x -v

wfj said:
I've had that behavior before. This may seem like an off the wall question, but how are you connected to the monitor?

DVI-D

Look at the lines above "Still waiting for root device"
is it looking for a device with uuid followed by a long number?

If so, it is not seeing your HDD/SSD.

Make absolutely sure your SATA port is set to AHCI mode in BIOS. SATA port set to IDE mode is common cause for this error.

I have same problem
GA-Z68XP-UD3 F8 bios + Core i7 2700K + 4*4Gb DDR3 Kingston

I try use F8 dsdt from this site, but the same result.
npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 also did not help.

Hard drive connected to chipset port in AHCI mode
sata0 - win7 SSD (sata3)
sata1 - none
sata2 - Lion 4.7.3 (hdd sata2)
sata3 - dvd-rw

CrazyShig said:
I have same problem
GA-Z68XP-UD3 F8 bios + Core i7 2700K + 4*4Gb DDR3 Kingston

I try use F8 dsdt from this site, but the same result.
npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 also did not help.

Hard drive connected to chipset port in AHCI mode
sata0 - win7 SSD (sata3)
sata1 - none
sata2 - Lion 4.7.3 (hdd sata2)
sata3 - dvd-rw

Yes - it can't find your HD.
Try installing Chimera with the stand alone installer and rebooting. If that doesn't work, shut down and disconnect Win7 drive and DVD-RW.
Then boot with only the OS X HDD connected. What happens?

I would personally recommend to put the osx drive with the bootloader on sata 0, win7 on stata 1? Why did you leave that gap?
Then change Bios hdd sequence, also i did NOT choose the uefi boot, but P0, P1 etc.

psydafke said:
ijhu said:
Have you try this string yet?
-f ncpi=0x2000
Just to make sure you typed it correctly:
It is npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000
Just noticed the typo while reading through.

Also use GraphicsEnabler=yes, AtiConfig=Duckweed and AtiPorts=5
If I remember correctly, you must use PciRoot=0 for the Gigabyte Ep45 (but I can be wrong)

Let us know how that combination went

Greetz

Thanks man! It worked with GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5 PciRoot=0 -v

Now I have all up and running, but in the About This Mac section, the graphics card is recognised as 6xxx, not 6870, and the DVD Player crashes when you open it.

Also iCloud doesn't work, I fixed this last time installing the last version of Chimera, but this time didn't worked... any ideas?

Yoru said:
psydafke said:
ijhu said:
-f ncpi=0x2000

If I remember correctly, you must use PciRoot=0 for the Gigabyte Ep45 (but I can be wrong)

Greetz

Thanks man! It worked with GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5 PciRoot=0 -v

Now I have all up and running, but in the About This Mac section, the graphics card is recognised as 6xxx, not 6870, and the DVD Player crashes when you open it.

Also iCloud doesn't work, I fixed this last time installing the last version of Chimera, but this time didn't worked... any ideas?

when the card is detected as 6xxx, then GraphicsEnabler didn't do any injection, which is the same as with GraphicsEnabler=No.
so try to substitute PciRoot=0 by PciRoot=1
the option -v (Verbose) is only good to see where the system hangs, and to troubleshoot.
When you get everything optimal, you put those strings in "org.chameleon.boot.plist"

Greetz,

David

Yoru said:
psydafke said:
ijhu said:
-f ncpi=0x2000

Greetz

Glad you got it sorted, you will obviously need to fiddle a bit to get the card to display as 6870 and get your DVD Player and iCloud sorted. Glad you got past the Waiting for root Device problem.

Yoru said:
psydafke said:
ijhu said:
-f ncpi=0x2000

Greetz

For the iCloud, there is an easy fix: Download Chameleon Wizard, where you can select SMBios option, then edit... and you create a valid serial number for your 'Hack'.

Didn't see the iCloud thing when I replied before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back