Contribute
Register

"Still waiting for root device" I have tried everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJD300 said:
You have any sort of DVD drive connected?

Nope, the only things I have connected are:
- Graphics card
- 1 HDD in SATA_0 port (also tried in SATA_1)
- 1 Memory module in bench 0 (also tried in bench 3)
- 1 pendrive with multibeast
- 1 USB wireless keyboard

Yoru said:
EJD300 said:
You have any sort of DVD drive connected?

Nope, the only things I have connected are:
- Graphics card
- 1 HDD in SATA_0 port (also tried in SATA_1)
- 1 Memory module in bench 0 (also tried in bench 3)
- 1 pendrive with multibeast
- 1 USB wireless keyboard

Just to rule out any possible thing that's causing you this problem, do you perhaps have a wired keyboard to try instead of wireless?

mitchellk said:
Just to rule out any possible thing that's causing you this problem, do you perhaps have a wired keyboard to try instead of wireless?

Tried, and same result... I have been a week without my computer, I don't know what else to do...

EDIT: I have noticed that a few seconds before the "Still waiting for root device" error, the hard drive "shuts off", I can hear it, any clue? I am almost sure that is some kind of problem with SATA, the hard drive or something like that.

I don't know why isn't working, it is the exact same setup that worked before!!

ijhu said:
Have you try this string yet?
-f ncpi=0x2000
Just to make sure you typed it correctly:
It is npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000
Just noticed the typo while reading through.

Also use GraphicsEnabler=yes, AtiConfig=Duckweed and AtiPorts=5
If I remember correctly, you must use PciRoot=0 for the Gigabyte Ep45 (but I can be wrong)

Let us know how that combination went

Greetz

ijhu said:
It was originally ncpi=0x2000 and recently changed to ncpi=0x3000. Newer multibeast release, this string is now ncpi=0x3000. ;)
Notice: npci vs ncpi? :D

Yoru said:
mitchellk said:

Tried, and same result... I have been a week without my computer, I don't know what else to do...

EDIT: I have noticed that a few seconds before the "Still waiting for root device" error, the hard drive "shuts off", I can hear it, any clue? I am almost sure that is some kind of problem with SATA, the hard drive or something like that.

I don't know why isn't working, it is the exact same setup that worked before!!

I've had that behavior before. This may seem like an off the wall question, but how are you connected to the monitor?

psydafke said:
ijhu said:
It was originally ncpi=0x2000 and recently changed to ncpi=0x3000. Newer multibeast release, this string is now ncpi=0x3000. ;)
Notice: npci vs ncpi? :D

Good catch, it is now corrected :mrgreen:

So if the OP did replicate the typo, he might reconsider retrying with the correct synthax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back