Contribute
Register

"Still waiting for root device" I have tried everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am doing a clean install after a GPU (Shappire 6870 1Gb) & case upgrade, and I can't pass through this error. Here it is what i have tried:

- Two different HDD
- HDD connected in SATA_0 and SATA_1
- AHCI enabled
- SMART enabled and disabled
- HPET 64 bits
- IDE enabled and disabled
- 0-3 SATA ports native mode enabled and disabled
- GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v busratio=17 flags in all combinations
- PCIRootUID=0 and PCIRootUID=1 flags

I am sometimes also experiencing some kind of bios reset when shutting off/on too many times.

I am running out of ideas.

ijhu said:
Have you try this string yet?
-f ncpi=0x2000

I have tried with ncpi=0x2000 -f -v and got the same result. BTW the lines before and after USBMSC are new.

hack-01.JPG

Yoru said:
ijhu said:
Have you try this string yet?
-f ncpi=0x2000
Nope, I am going to try now.

wfj said:
Can you link the exact model of GPU?

I bought it here:

http://www.pccomponentes.com/sapphire_r ... gddr5.html

But I think that what you want to know is that is SKU# 11179-09-20G. Do you think that is a graphics card problem? I was thinking it might be a HDD problem...

It could be the problem. That model of 6870 is a non-reference design. The standard reference design is 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 2 mini DP. I've seen other people have problems with their system using a non-reference design 6870.

wfj said:
It could be the problem. That model of 6870 is a non-reference design. The standard reference design is 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 2 mini DP. I've seen other people have problems with their system using a non-reference design 6870.

I tried an hour ago with my old graphics card that worked with my hackintosh and no luck :(

I seem to be getting this same error with my new install but it only happens when booting into safe mode. Needed to install some software that won't install unless in safe mode

Regular boot works fine :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back