Geforce 630
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I've been running 10.7 without any real issues for a few weeks now on the board in the title, but would really like to have a DSDT solution as opposed to kext mods, etc.

Obviously, I was happy when I saw the edited DSDTs for ASUS boards, so I flashed the patched bios and downloaded the dsdt.aml for my board, put it in /Extras and rebooted.

And I was stuck on Still Waiting for Root Device, which I never got before.

I've tried BIOS tinkering, as the bios flash wiped my settings, but it didn't help. Only using DSDT=No got it booting again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try deleting the DSDT and reinstall the DSDT with Multibeast, Also is it the exact DSDT for you MoBo as i couldnt find any Asus H61 chipset ones on tonymac i had to make my own hope this helps
[EDIT] on relooking tonymac does now have the asus P8H61 motherboards Sorry

b.beacroft said:
Try deleting the DSDT and reinstall the DSDT with Multibeast, Also is it the exact DSDT for you MoBo as i couldnt find any Asus H61 chipset ones on tonymac i had to make my own hope this helps
[EDIT] on relooking tonymac does now have the asus P8H61 motherboards Sorry

Yeah, I tried using multibeast 4.4 with userdsdt and the new chimera, but no luck. Still waiting for root device :(

since you flashed your BIOS, it might have reset some settings. in BIOS make sure your SATA ports/controllers are in AHCI mode and not IDE.

SG- said:
since you flashed your BIOS, it might have reset some settings. in BIOS make sure your SATA ports/controllers are in AHCI mode and not IDE.

Unfortunately, that didn't help either, and it still boots without the DSDT. I'm a pretty stumped by this...

Hi I have just tried the DSDT from tonymacx86 for my MoBo asus P8H61 -m LE/USB3 and. I hangs on the boot at the PCI Devices its strange so it is a similar problem

The problem was the DSDT and tony has now removed that one

I am having this same issue with the DSDT form the database for the p8p67 pro, BIOS version 2103.

use this boot flag for still waiting for root device UseKernelCache=NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back