Contribute
Register

Still waiting for root device 10.6.3 install please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This my first hackintosh and I was wondering if I could have some help with this error.

My Hardware

Mobo: ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k LGA1155
RAM: One 4GB Muskin Silverline 240 pin DDR3 1333 Desktop
Graphics Card: ASUS EN6600SILENCER/TD/256M/A
Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda Desktop PC Hard Drive 7200 RPM
DVD Drive: LG Super Multi DVD Drive Model GSA-H10N

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

EthanSnakeman

As to the DVD you are using where did it come from - as I only know of retail versions of osx sold as version 10.6.0
Is this a retail copy of the Mac OS

ALSO list any steps you do to get this error.

Tote

Got the same error while installing on a m8's computer recently. Found a very simple fix, not sure if you have tried it or not but it was as simple as putting the installer usb in the back port rather than a port on the front. Fixed my m8's issue, good luck.

Try to use this kext:
AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext.zip
Install this kext in /Extra/Extensions/ and rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext by using Kext Wizard after installation. :)

Attachments

• AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 176
I got it from the Mac Box Set and it says right on the disc Version 10.6.3

Also i have my bios sata settings for AHCI and the DVD Drive as first boot device. I put in iBoot and boot from it then I put in the Snow Leopard disc and it freezes on Still Waiting for Root Device.

EthanSnake

Not sure what issues you have but as you know this Asus MB has UEFI Bios which is a little different from the old school version many hackintosh installers use to build the install Kexts and the Kernel -

I have never seen of a situation where is says Waiting for Root Device -
All I can think is that this is the boot loader or the UEFI bios telling you that whatever is assigned as the first boot device is not ready / present!

Do check you Sata connections - have only 1 drive 1 dvd drive - connect the sata drive to the first sata port - check the users guide to ID this port. Only use the sata ports that are driven by the Intel H67 chip set do not use any other sata connections -

If this is still the problem and you are sure that your UEFI settings are correct for the install process -
You may want to check out UTube videos relating to you MB to see some visual aids.
I also did a google search using these search words - ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM + hackintosh

got several video hits relating to your motherboard and w installs of Mac OSX.

Also found these post on other websited that are reporting success

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=264201
and
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=259253

Also you dont mention what the hardware level of the mainboard is - sometimes dot 1.0 is not the one you want - many people make reference to a V3 of this board.

Rememeber Google is your friend.
Hope this helps.

Tote

P.S. - forgot to mention my usual rant about using Command line switchs -
When the iBOOT disk stops and you swap out the cd for the dvd and press F5 - you see the Mac 10.6 instal DVD -
press the space bar to get the window to enter some command switchs -
I always start out with these " -v -f acpi=off cpus=1 then the video switchs that Tony reccomend on the iBOOT MultiBeast web page. Note use spaces between switchs and yes use the dash as well.
I use these for the first several boot process that you will go though
I am assuming that you do get the iBOOT cd to boot up!

Yes i can get the iBoot cd to boot and i have already tried those boot flags but i still get the same error. Hopefully i dont have to get another dvd drive or motherboard. :cry:

Also on the box of the mobo it says Rev 3.0 PCIe ready 3.0

so my mobo specs are Asus P8H67-M PRO/CSM (REV 3.0) Micro ATX LGA1155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back