Contribute
Register

still stuck at the Apple Logo screen. what else shoud I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys, i was able to install Mac OS X 10.6.3 last night. Didn't update to 10.6.6 yet cuz i'm still download it.

this is what i've do:

step 1:
set BIOS to default
change IDE to AHCI
enable HPET (there is no 64-bit option)
reboot from iBoot (iBoot-Legacy made my screen go blank so i used the universal iBoot)
insert Mac OS X DVD

step 2:
i type "-x" (nothing happens so start all over again from step 1)
i type "-x -PCIRootUID=1" (still nothing happens)
i type "-GraphicsEnabler=No" (and it works, it continue to the install process and everything works fine)

but suddenly i wasn't able to boot on my OS X even if I type "-x" "-x -PCIRootUID=1" or even "-GraphicsEnabler=No")

so i decided to delete the whole parition using the Windows 7 DVD so my 500GB HDD is now unallocated. then start all over again from step 1 to step 2 but again i STUCKED on the Apple Logo screen. how to get rid of this screen?

thank you :)

JasonTechie said:
hi guys, i was able to install Mac OS X 10.6.3 last night. Didn't update to 10.6.6 yet cuz i'm still download it.

but suddenly i wasn't able to boot on my OS X even if I type "-x" "-x -PCIRootUID=1" or even "-GraphicsEnabler=No")

After you successfully installed 10.6.3 from the retail disk, did you use Multibeast or otherwise add a BOOT LOADER such as Chameleon? Without the Bootloader a Hackintosh won't boot. Real Apple hardware doesn't need the added Boot Loader. You also can check out your 10.6.3 install temporarily by using iBoot to get to the 10.6.3 system you just installed on your hard drive.

Also- It is always helpful getting answers if you create a signature block that describes your Motherboard, your video card [including what Brand it is], your RAM, your connections to CDROM & Hard drive[SATA vs IDE], whether you use a PS/2 or a USB keyboard and mouse.

vienna01 said:
JasonTechie said:

After you successfully installed 10.6.3 from the retail disk, did you use Multibeast or otherwise add a BOOT LOADER such as Chameleon? Without the Bootloader a Hackintosh won't boot. Real Apple hardware doesn't need the added Boot Loader. You also can check out your 10.6.3 install temporarily by using iBoot to get to the 10.6.3 system you just installed on your hard drive.

Also- It is always helpful getting answers if you create a signature block that describes your Motherboard, your video card [including what Brand it is], your RAM, your connections to CDROM & Hard drive[SATA vs IDE], whether you use a PS/2 or a USB keyboard and mouse.

thank you for the reply man, much appreciated :)

and thank you also for the suggestion, will do that later :)

and now... i don't know what was happened to my system, i just insert iBoot then eject and insert Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD and type "-x PciRoot=1" and after 3 mins. of waiting my screen prompts what language should i select. now i'm in the middle of installing the OS X :)

i will update this thread later after the installtion and update to 10.6.6

for now i'll be taking a bath and ready my self cuz i have pre-final exam today ^____^

i hope when i came back home the installation is done.

Update:

i made it, i successfully install Mac OS X Snow Leopard and 10.6.6 update. Audio, Graphics, Ethernet are both working :)

and now... i don't know what was happened to my system, i just insert iBoot then eject and insert Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD and type "-x PciRoot=1" and after 3 mins. of waiting my screen prompts what language should i select. now i'm in the middle of installing the OS X :)

i will update this thread later after the installtion and update to 10.6.6
for now i'll be taking a bath and ready my self cuz i have pre-final exam today ^____^
i hope when i came back home the installation is done.

Can you get to your 10.6.3 system directly or by using iBoot first ?
After you use Multibeast and check a boot loader, I anticipate you will always be able to get directly to your system when you turn on your computer [assuming your BIOS is setup for that]. You'll see the boot loader screen - but you shouldn't have to key anything if you only have a single disk. Installing Multiboot you can select from several "boot" screens too. Before your first use of Multibeast, spend the effort to read the documentation. It will help you understand why you check the various options.

FYI: The options that folks key in at the iBoot screen can be added permanently into Extra/com.apple.boot.plist. The syntax is a bit different. There is lots of info on modifying that com.apple.boot.plist file on this forum.

Let us know how things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back