i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion everything went file except sound. I did have to use GraphicsEnabler=No in order to boot until I ran Muitibeast, I also had a Boot0 issue but that was easily fixed. I have the correct DSDT, tripled check that I did install the Realtek ALC8xx and AppleHDA Rollback. I followed help other users sent me to no avail. By now I figure I have the install just all screwed up so I reinstalled ML to include partitioning the drive again and I did verify my bios was set correctly more than once. Now for the strange part, had sound in voice over but nowhere else, now I don't even have that. I even went as far as copying everthing another member did for fresh install, same MOBO & CPU! I am really lost and in need of help, I am out of ideas on how to fix this.

My build

Case SilverStone LC13B-E Aluminum/Steel ATX HTPC
Mother Board Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 Bios F11
Intel CPU i5-2500K
PSU OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular
Ram Corsair DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Low Profile 16 GB's
Optical Drive Sony AD-7280S DVD Burner
Sata Drive Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache
GPU using on board until I decide on GPU

Patched!

I solved this by doing the following:

Find and delete (Move to Trash) the following files. Don't worry if you don't have them all.

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler*.kext (yes, all of them)
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/ALC8xxxHDA.kext

Do a repair kexts (you can do this by running System Utilities in MultiBeast) and then reboot.
Your system should boot fine, and you should see no audio devices whatsoever in System Profiler. This is good.

Now select the following in Multibeast:

System Utilities/Repair Permissions

Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/AppleHDA Rollback
Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889

HTH

Snowy :)

Delete

Sorry I missed that bit, quite important really. I've updated the post accordingly

I tried to follow your instruction, the only file present to delete were the AppleHDA.kext & ALC8xxxHDA.kext. I deleted these file, I ran systems utilities in Multibeast restarted, computer would not load. Shut it down and then started and it booted fine. It still showed audio in system information but only airplay. I opened Multibeast and selected systems utilities AppleHDA Rollback & Patched AppleHDA/ALC889. Restarted no sound. Went into Systems/library/extension and the only file I could find was AppleHDA.kext. No HDAEnable, No ALC8xxxHDA.kext it's like Multibeast is not installing some of the files. I am using Multibeast 4.6.1 which is the latest I can find. Anyway to manual extract the files from Multibeast so I can put them where they belong? I followed these instruction somewhere along the linehttp://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html and it's the same problem the files are just not there. I realize it could be a problem with my DSDT which I verified repeatedly downloaded multiple times to makes sure I had the correct DSDT. I am completely lost and don't no where to go next.

Delete all the kexts you added.
Run MultiBeast and select only the system utilities and the patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC889. Install. Reboot.
Preferences->sound select internal speakers gets audio out on black or grey port on backplane (I think - try all of them if you have to)

Do I feel like a complete idiot. My entire sound problem solved by changing my sound setting to internal speakers. That's all it was and I spent the better part of 2 days trying to resolve this. Live & learn.

Thanks everyone for all of your help, really do appreciate it.

D'oh

It happens to us all. I make silly mistakes all the time. :) Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back