12. Plus
  13. Power Mac
  14. PowerBook
  15. Quadra
  16. SE
  17. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install to a gigabyte EX58 board. I have no problem making Unibeast on a 60GB USB hard drive. It gets to Chimera where I enter GraphicsEnabler=yes it then gives me the grey screen with apple logo and progress bar. At approx. 1/3 across the display goes black and then sleeps Everything just stops there. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the exact problem. Booting with -v simply stops sending signal to the monitor and goes to sleep. I believe the last step was something along the lines of power management incomplete (couldn't read it because the screen went blank right after).

I basically started with a fresh copy of Unibeast 5.0.1 and installed Yosemite on the drive, but still no go. Does anyone have any idea of what's going on here?

Also wanted to add that this started happening after the 5.0.1 update. It was working fine with the 5.0 version (at least i could install, booting yosemite on its own was a whole another issue).

Anyone?

Unibeast USB drive does not bring up the install screen. Just goes blank and shuts down.

I have older specs, but this worked for me (same issue otherwise as above).

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1

I'm trying to install to a gigabyte EX58 board. I have no problem making Unibeast on a 60GB USB hard drive. It gets to Chimera where I enter GraphicsEnabler=yes it then gives me the grey screen with apple logo and progress bar. At approx. 1/3 across the display goes black and then sleeps Everything just stops there. Any help would be appreciated.

Try to format the drive for 8GB and the rest just free space. I saw someone having an issue using a large size drive and that fixed it.

Thanks so much! It was the nvda_drv=1 that did the trick! Yosemite is up and running perfectly.

Thanks for the responses guys!! In my case it was an issue with the my HDMI port on my case. I tried replugging it back it and it worked (seems to happen from time to time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back