Gigabyte GV-N550D5-1GI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have a Hackintosh and it works beautifully. It has for quite a while and is running on 10.7.4.
I am about to build a brand new Hackintosh form scratch. I have all the parts and I'm ready to go. So I bought 2 16 gig USB sticks, one for a boot stick and other for stuff.
I have downloaded from the app store Lion again and it sits in my application folder. If I open the file called ''Install Mac OS X Lion Application" (size 4.2 gig) it wants to install lion so the file appears not to be corrupt. I do not let it install any of Lion. Next I download Unibeast 1.4 and it sits on a different partition to the Lion application. I put my USB stick into the USB 2 port and I start going through the the Unibeast instructions. I prepare the USB stick with Disk utility and then I can see it it finder so I know the computer is seeing and can write to the USB stick
Then I run unibeast 1.4 and again follow the steps from the i boot website. I pick the USB stick to install on, then I tick the using the Mac App Store "Install Mac OS X Lion" App box and wait. Sadly I only need to wait 15 seconds and I get a green tick saying software is successfully installed. I'm now excited as boy was that fast not like the 10 to 15 minutes
as suggested.
Then I open finder to see that all the files are there and sadly I don't see very many files. Just 4 actually being boot, and 3 folders called Library, tmp and usr. I thought maybe Lion is a hidden file so I checked with get info on the USB stick and the total size of all files on the USB stick is 50.7 meg. I'm now getting quite depressed as I'm keen to build my Hackintosh but I really need an OS to put on it. So in a nutshell what the Heck am I doing wrong. I starting to feel not like a newbie but a dumb newbie so could someone please help me.

Thanks for your help. Due to a weekend engagement I can't try this until Sundat arve, so I'll let you know how it goes.

John

Unbelievable

I watched the youtube video did it step by step and still it doesn't copy lion across.
What am I going to do

I feel like buying a thumb drive but thats another 75 bucks and i'd be pretty pissed if that didn't work

Any suggestions are VERY welcome. I'm thinking of getting a priest around to cast any PC demons out of my system next,

John

I have something that might be related.... I had Lion installed and running fine since January, but the newest version of Multibeast caused it to kernel panic on boot.

I built another USB boot key with Unibeast 1.4, got the successful prompt and my machine will not boot from it. Doesn't even recognize it as bootable... it just ignores it and goes to disk. If I put in a non-Unibeast USB, it at least gives me a non-OS error.

It's as if the boot sector on the HD is overriding what is on the stick.

I need to access so I can run Multbeast 4.5 to make my system usable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back