Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm still having trouble getting both el cap & win10 installed on the same hdd to boot corectly. I have erased the hdd over 10 times & preformed a clean installs of el cap & win 10. Still not much luck. I was reading over the instructions again & again and was curious about the better post install software. Clover or Multibeast. Any info will help. Also any path you could guide me to for the "Multi Boot on the same HDD" would be wonderful. The closest info I could find was "going bald's" post on El Cap & Win 10 & Unbantu. But I just can't get it right.

Moved to Multi Booting.

What is not booting correctly? You are installing Windows UEFI?

Last edited:
I'm still having trouble getting both el cap & win10 installed on the same hdd to boot corectly. I have erased the hdd over 10 times & preformed a clean installs of el cap & win 10. Still not much luck. I was reading over the instructions again & again and was curious about the better post install software. Clover or Multibeast. Any info will help. Also any path you could guide me to for the "Multi Boot on the same HDD" would be wonderful. The closest info I could find was "going bald's" post on El Cap & Win 10 & Unbantu. But I just can't get it right.
MultiBeast is a post install tool to install required and optional drivers for your hardware and to install a bootloader - for El Capitan, Sierra and later this bootloader is Clover. You can install Clover with MB or you can download a Clover only installer from Sourceforge.

Have you read the Guide pinned at the beginning of the Multi Boot forum?

OK, I understand the Multibeast clover thing. I did not see any information on multi boot setup on the same hard disk drive pinned at the top of the multiboot forum. Great instructions for separate hard drive. I think I got it though, if I don't rename the Microsoft file in the EFI folder it works great. One thing, I booted into both OS's 50 times no issues, shut down, came back a few hours later and it booted into windows by default and clover was not a option, after the initial setup, it would boot in to el cap by default after 3 seconds.

OK, I understand the Multibeast clover thing. I did not see any information on multi boot setup on the same hard disk drive pinned at the top of the multiboot forum. Great instructions for separate hard drive. I think I got it though, if I don't rename the Microsoft file in the EFI folder it works great. One thing, I booted into both OS's 50 times no issues, shut down, came back a few hours later and it booted into windows by default and clover was not a option, after the initial setup, it would boot in to el cap by default after 3 seconds.
What is this? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/
Is this not what you are looking for?

I followed that process to the tee several times and it would not boot either os without using either os flash boot drive. Where is the EFI located? Once I mounted the EFI partition, everything works great if I don't rename the Microsoft bootmgfw. I rebooted 50 times making a choice either OS with the clover at boot it worked great, I did notice, that if I power down the PC, it boots into win10 and no clover options are available. Makes me think the EFI is unmounted at power off. BTW your multi boot instructions are really, really great.

I followed that process to the tee several times and it would not boot either os without using either os flash boot drive. Where is the EFI located? Once I mounted the EFI partition, everything works great if I don't rename the Microsoft bootmgfw. I rebooted 50 times making a choice either OS with the clover at boot it worked great, I did notice, that if I power down the PC, it boots into win10 and no clover options are available. Makes me think the EFI is unmounted at power off. BTW your multi boot instructions are really, really great.
If it works dual booting without renaming the MS boot file then do not rename it.
Booting from power off state, have you checked your UEFI boot order to make sure the Mac OS is first in the list and not the Windows? What is your default boot volume set to in Clover config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back