Graphics
ASUS GeForce GT610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed a USB WiFi card to my machine with the RT2870 Chipset but can't get it working, I've used the bear extender drivers and the Realtek drivers and still nothing, I've also installed the D Link preference pane and still nothing.

The computer detects that is connected via USB and that it is a USB WiFi card with the Realtek/Mediatek chipset but I can't get it to show in my network options, can anyone help?

I've installed a USB WiFi card to my machine with the RT2870 Chipset but can't get it working, I've used the bear extender drivers and the Realtek drivers and still nothing, I've also installed the D Link preference pane and still nothing.

The computer detects that is connected via USB and that it is a USB WiFi card with the Realtek/Mediatek chipset but I can't get it to show in my network options, can anyone help?

RehabMan recommends this model:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MTTJOY/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Thank you for the response Adrian and sorry for the very very slow reply, is this adapter a plug and play? Or will I need to install Kexts etc because I want to get something I can just throw in and work, if I have to install a driver that's fine as long as I know it works :)

You need to install a package from the manufacturer.

Oh that's easy enough then, are they included in the packaging?

No idea. Most of the time, installers on CD packaged with hardware products are out-dated. Best to download the latest from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back