EVGA GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is it just me or are there a lot of people who are really glad they didn't jump to ML?

This update looks like a lot of trouble. Not the easy one two jump that lion was from snow leopard.

I don't see any reason at all to update at this time.

It's a crapshoot.

This update looks like a lot of trouble. Not the easy one two jump that lion was from snow leopard.

The way I remember it, jumping from SL to Lion was also a big headache for a lot of people (maybe bigger than ML upgrade). If you've seen the thread here (on the old board phpbb), it was several pages long.

Though personally, my upgrade from SL to Lion went very smooth without any hiccup. It was a non-event.

With this ML update, the only hiccup here is the AMD6870 card during installation process. But if you follow the simple step of deleting the kext, then restoring it back, you're back up and running very quickly on your next boot with full screen resolution/QE/CI etc.

I did encounter some bumps when some software/utilities I use were not ready for 10.8 or exhibited minor bugs. But after a day or two, 3rd-party developers quickly issued new version updates for their software.

10.8 is a BIG change/leap forward in the underlying "engine". It's not just cosmetic changes (in fact, cosmetic changes are few). Some of Apple's older OSX computer lineups can't/won't even run 10.8!

After a few days of checking all my software, I'm confident of my ML setup, that I overwrote my old Lion clone backup and replaced it with a new ML clone.

The only advice I can give you is make a clone BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP before you do anything.

I basically had the same experience going from Snow Leopard to Lion to Lion to Mountain Lion. I was a total newbie back then but because it had been almost a year since I had played around with installing Apples OS's, I forgot one or two little things I used to do which made my experience a lot better. I have had ML installed for a week know but haven't played around with it, at all.

It was nothing out of the ordinary I had to do [no deep changes like address or ID's etc] to get ML running smooth, as it is now. Thankfully, tonymacx86.com has made this an incredibly easy experience. Gawd knows what I'd be without programs like Multibeast and these forums.

Maybe it isn't as bad as the forums make it look.

I see a bunch of people complaining about things not working, KP, no audio, freezing, network trouble, sleep broken, pretty much the whole shebang.
And then the title of the post is [SUCCESS]!

lol, then you read the post and it is Success! (sort of).

I will def upgrade, but I'm going to wait for the official method to be posted and then I trust that the issues will have been resolved by the TMac crew. Still, big thanks to all the early adopters who are willing to test their systems for the greater knowledge.

Maybe for no other reason than because Avidemux works in ML and it was always very buggy in Lion.

I don't see any reason why i should switch to ML.
My Lion works just fine and i don't like that developement towards "Mac OS meets iOS" anyway..
And i'm kind of careful with this Facebook integration thingy.

As long as my Lion has every important features i need and fully works with my iOS devices, i'm all good :)

I hate to be the grammar Nazi here, but HEAR. Not "here" me roar.

Still running Lion on my MacBook Pro though. Battery performance is bad enough with Lion installed and reports of it being worse with Mountain Lion isn't making me want to migrate that over none too soon. But have gone full steam ahead with ML on my hack without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back