Contribute
Register

Step-by-Step(Gigabyte Z77-DS3H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
some problem with HD3000 on this mobo
???
Help

Same here, everything is working (audio, etc...) for me except HD 3000 acceleration. I get a correct 1080p resolution and the device is recognized in System Profiler.

When I boot in verbose mode or with dmesg I see "SNB framebuffer did not show up". The AppleIntelHD isn't loaded.

The method in this post didn't work : I get the correct output ({ tileHeight = 256; tileWidth = 256; }) but it changes nothing.

I will try another fresh install...

Okay.. so I decided to start screwing around with my org.chameleon.boot.plist to see if I could get QE/CI enabled, and after a much shorter period of time than I anticipated, found I could get the dashboard ripple & DVD player opening simply by checking the 32-bit kernel mode in chameleon wizard. For those of you taking the textedit route, that would be:
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>

I am not going to claim to know the implications of forcing 32 bit mode (except each app limited to 4gb or ram or less, afaik), however it is nice to see QE/CI finally working on this setup. I should note, I haven't actually done any benchmarks;l only tested the QE/CI enabled. Maybe someone more knowledgable than myself could figure out why 32 bit mode would activate CI/QE ?

Full details, if they happen to matter: i3 2125, macmini5,1 def, 10.7.4 (w/o P states & w/ DropSSDT— although it sounds like this may actually be a lack of nullCPUpowermanagement issue, haven't looked into it), GraphicsEnabler=yes, and basically nothing special beyond that. Video ram set to 512 in BIOS (although that doesn't seem to matter) & prior to the change, the intel HD 3000 was showing up in system profiler, just w/o the QE/CI. Oh, and the mobo is connected to my TV DVI-->HDMI, and stuck @ 24hz, but I think that is an entirely different issue.

edit: and sound works still

update: Tried Portal 1 & get ~ 90 fps with default settings, or about 30 with most settings maxed out (both of which look pretty bad at 24hz, I might add. nonetheless it seems to be working just fine)

I'm glad you found a solution. I didn't have your patience and bought a discrete graphic card (Sapphire 5850, worked out of the box :cool: )!

what are the several ways you tried, and in what way did they not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back