Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII GENE
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
So I've been making steady progress with my build and followed a lot of the instructions one here. I got High Sierra Installed and running. I then went through the post installation options and multibeast setup. When I came to restart post Nvidia driver updates that's when it all ground to a halt.

I now boot and select my start disk (internal drive with High Sierra installed). It then boots to the black background with white apple logo and progress bar. The progress bar isn't quick to progress but gets there eventually (2 minutes approx.)

Then at that point the monitor turns itself off.

The machine is still running but I can't view anything.

I've tried connecting to all the display ports on the machine. Built in HDMI, graphics card HDMI and the graphics card DVI port.

I'm guessing it's a configuration setting with the Nvidia card but any pointers would be greatly received.

Thanks.

So I've done a little more playing around.

I removed the Nvidia card and tried to boot directly off the internal GPU using a HDMI to DVI adaptor. This time it goes through the boot sequence and gets to the apple logo with a black background. The progress bar gets to 100% and just hangs.

Hmmm...

This time it goes through the boot sequence and gets to the apple logo with a black background. The progress bar gets to 100% and just hangs.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Any suggests would be great.
Failed to initialize graphics firmware
At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -disablegfxfirmware to Boot Args

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back